Plaid afghan?

Tampa Doll

Question

I know you guys can help me.

I am looking for a lumber jack or plaid afghan that used 2 maybe 3 colors.  The friend who wants it says they like the lumber jack black and red plaid.

Can anyone help me?  All the ones I have found have thin stripes running thru them or several colors.

9 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

I know you guys can help me. I am looking for a lumber jack or plaid afghan that used 2 maybe 3 colors.  The friend who wants it says they like the lumber jack black and red plaid. Can anyone help me?  All the ones I have found have thin stripes running thru them or several colors.

This is the one I used in 2017 for my GS's blue and black pattern.

DSCN0149.JPG

Edited by ReniC

I don't know why not, these seem to be recipes like x blocks (color changes) across a row with y stitches in each block, for z rows in each strip--you could decide how big your blanket should be (like 3'x4' for example) and just make fewer stitches across and rows for the blocks - I'm thinking probably a smaller of block  would be a better scale for a smaller blanket.  I'm looking at the little peek we can see of RoseRed's flannelghan above, it's 17 dc across and 13 rows, not exactly even numbers but maybe something you can tweak by making a swatch and seeing what size block looks right, and extrapolating it.

Edit, even better, Bgs posted a few seconds before I did with a perfect solution with no math!

Edited by Granny Square

Mary Jo: The Flannelghan can be made to whatever size squares you want. Hdc can also be substituted for dc. There is more info on the Flannelgahn here on the 'Ville. Cindy "Gardener" made a baby size blanket from the Flannelghan also.

You may have seen it already but, here is a pattern I found on Ravelry for a baby size plaid blanket.

Just saying; I love Daisy Craft Farms patterns. They're pretty easy to follow.   Keep us posted what you design. 😉