Rhombus crochet?

jlvking

Question

I ran across a crochet technique that I really would like to try but there is no written pattern or chart and I have a hard time dealing with video tutorial and it's not in English. I think it is Turkish and it looks like it is called Rhombus. Has anyone done this one before?

It's on this page, about 5 down I think.  http://yarnandhooks.com/index.php/2020/06/06/9-crochet-stitch-patterns-for-beginners/ and it looks like this.

rhombus.jpg

11 answers to this question

I did a photo search and came up with nothing different than the video offered on the link you supplied. There were several other stitches that came up when I typed in Rhombus (a geometric term) Stitch, but, none like the one you seek. The only one I have made remotely similar is Piper's Reversible Shell which is a lattice type stitch in 2 colors. 

Edited by ReniC

I don't care for videos for whole patterns either, they are ok for unusual stitches or techniques but not watching for an hour for a whole pattern.  This video is only 20 minutes, so not TOO awfully long for a stitch pattern that covers a few rows.

I'm not aware of an English tutorial on this technique, or a technique name--compound crochet stiches' names aren't consistent (sometimes the same name refers to several different stitches, or 1 stitch has several different names).  

The only thing I can suggest is turning the sound off, and watch the video for a short bit, pause and take notes, repeat.  It's a very pretty pattern!

The minute I hit post, I turned the video on, sound off -- it clear how it is made just looking at the fabric a few seconds into the video.  It shows a row of white with no blue behind it, so the next row is going to be the blue background -- so you alternate a white row and a blue row, only a 2 row repeat. 

The white is 3 dc, chain some number, skip some number, sc, chain some number, skip some number, repeat--and the blue is (guessing b how it looks) short spans of SC then DC, repeat - this is after watching it to the 20 second mark where she is just holding the piece, and you can count the stitches further on I'm sure when you watch her actually crocheting the stitches for the remainder of those 20 minutes.

Edited by Granny Square

23 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Looked through some more (and found a potholder pattern I was looking for) but I found two crochet and another Tunisian. If you need pattern and designer names let me know. 

B634187D-5DF4-4744-8FDE-AF2F00CE0C56.jpeg

B91F9235-8870-49D3-8207-3B45307434C8.jpeg

20B00256-3C75-45A2-857D-0288C5528EC5.jpeg

Hmmm... I like that blue variegated color yarn. Does that pattern give a yarn ID?

On 11/15/2020 at 2:27 PM, NCcountrygal said:

The one on the bottom?  Bernat Handicrafter cotton. No color name. Don’t know if they still make that yarn. Pattern is 6 yrs old. Maybe check Yarnpiration (sp) site

Thanks!

ETA: I found the original pattern! It's in Crochet World-April 2013 issue and I have that one. Yay! I think the pattern would make nice gifts. Thanks again.

Edited by ReniC
ETA
  • Like 1