Oval Tablecloth

harold

Hi to all

I am new to Crochetville and via the help board have already met several people willing to help me sort out a problem starting this particular oval tablecloth that I want to give to my granddaughter. It turned out that there was a mistake or better put an omission in the base chain. Between all that helped, we found the problem. The chart pattern is in Polish (I think) so this presents another challenge 😁

why this particular tablecloth? As far as I can determine, there are not a whole lot of patterns for this type of table and many if whai I found could be modified to whatever size you need. I am by no means an expert at crocheting. I learned from my mom many years ago and have been crocheting for many of my 77 years on this earth. I love the hobby. As a matter of fact, I have produced somewhere around 18 - 20 tablecloths, round and square - all given to family and friends.

so, without further ado, and for those interested,  here is what I have done so far on the oval. When finished, I will post the completed project. Oh yes ... did I mention that my granddaughters favourite colour is pink? 

BD37F9E0-D6E0-4E85-B26B-5E5EAB33B802.jpeg

Edited by harold
  • Like 2

Oh dear! Oh dear!

I may be in big-time trouble here. I was naive enough to believe that this was the entire pattern... now in all likelihood it may be spread over two diagrams which I am doubtful that even exists on Pinterest. I shoulda known!

back to the drawingboard. 

1 hour ago, harold said:

Oh dear! Oh dear!

I may be in big-time trouble here. I was naive enough to believe that this was the entire pattern... now in all likelihood it may be spread over two diagrams which I am doubtful that even exists on Pinterest. I shoulda known!

back to the drawingboard. 

Harold, take a look at this vintage tablecloth, oblong shown first, scroll down.  https://blog.vintagepatternsdazespast.com/vintage-pineapple-tablecloth-patterns/

Hi Diana

thank you for the link. I see that the pattern is written instructions versus chart which is fine with me. Although i am disappointed that I likely would not be able to finish my original project, I will likely give this on a go.

thanks again.

45 minutes ago, harold said:

I see that the pattern is written instructions versus chart which is fine with me. Although i am disappointed that I likely would not be able to finish my original project, I will likely give this on a go.

Maybe, finish that off as a centerpiece doily.  I was looking at some doily patterns in a search for pineapple motifs.  I noted several times where that oval (link above)was listed at pinterest and one site selling the pattern for $16.50.  I haven't explored her vintage blog, but there may some more that may be of interest.  Love that pink thread.  I made my mother one in an antique rose color.