Quick and Easy Personalized Christmas Ornaments for Husband's Employees

Help anyone? I've been looking and looking trying to come up with something cute, easy, and personal. I keep thinking a stocking ornament with their name or initials sewn onto it? I do something different for them every year. One year, I printed a holiday background on CD labels and put them on all those CD's AOL kept sending me. Then glued on foam letters to spell their names. We decorated the letters and other foam holiday pieces with paint pens (and glued them on too.) Those were cute. I made spin drop fabric ornaments (patriotic fabric with eagles since they are all employees of American Airlines) another year (but that was more work than the cd's). I decorated simple colored glass ornaments with their names in Gold Pen another year. Last year the kids and I made Cinnamon Dough ornaments and decorated those with fabric paints. Those turned out cute (very shiny with the fabric paint) and smelled great. This year I really want to crochet an ornament? Any ideas? It needs to be quick (15 employees) and personalized and maybe patriotic since they work for a patriotic airline? Thanks! BW

I have one suggestion but it's not crochet. One year at work the bosses wife took the glass Christmas ornaments and used that Puffy Paint and painted the year and our names on them and gave them as Christmas gifts. I still have mine years later. We all loved em and they were super quick, easy, and inexpensive...

I'm thinking of making the snowflake ornament from the Crochet Pattern a Day calendar. It has a hole in the middle and the pattern has either a charm hanging from the inside or to use as a picture frame.

If you wanted to do an ornament that you could put a name onto (by embrodery or fabric paint may be) how about a little hat or mitten.

I have just made a couple of these in baby yarn which made them about 3" tall instead of 7". I think they would be so cute if you managed to make them 'personal' for the recipients. By that I mean picking out a feature of them or their job and including that in the clothes/accessories. They took a couple of hours each to make and one ball of yarn goes a long way! The clothing/accessories I made out of embroidery thread.

http://irenecrafts.com/patterns/snow_baby.htm

Hope this helps.

I have just made a couple of these in baby yarn which made them about 3" tall instead of 7". I think they would be so cute if you managed to make them 'personal' for the recipients. By that I mean picking out a feature of them or their job and including that in the clothes/accessories. They took a couple of hours each to make and one ball of yarn goes a long way! The clothing/accessories I made out of embroidery thread.

http://irenecrafts.com/patterns/snow_baby.htm

Hope this helps.

Pink those are sooo cute! I think those would be great little gifts!

Or a little set of felted mittens to use as ornaments would be cute.

These are awesome suggestions! I found a stocking pattern on a website, but it isn't turning out right for me. I've never designed my own pattern, but it's driving me to it. I have stitched and then pulled it out about 20 times (slight exaggeration), but I still can't seem to get it right. I am trying now to make chain of about 20 and then stitch in the round until I get the bottom of my boot shaped right and then make the upper part. I'll let you know if it turns out. Like I said...I've never designed anything, so I may just be on a wild goose chase here. I'll have to try those snow babies when I get home. They do look cute and would be easy to add the right colors to them. I love the idea of the star with a charm. I am trying to not spend any new money right now, but maybe next year will be a great time for this one. Thank you all so much for the ideas and suggestions!!! I am out of town, but managed to get access to a PC and OF COURSE! this is the first place I had to visit. :lol

but of course bwhahahahaha, i always log on her first too.:lol :lol

These are awesome suggestions! I found a stocking pattern on a website, but it isn't turning out right for me. I've never designed my own pattern, but it's driving me to it. I have stitched and then pulled it out about 20 times (slight exaggeration), but I still can't seem to get it right. I am trying now to make chain of about 20 and then stitch in the round until I get the bottom of my boot shaped right and then make the upper part. I'll let you know if it turns out. Like I said...I've never designed anything, so I may just be on a wild goose chase here. I'll have to try those snow babies when I get home. They do look cute and would be easy to add the right colors to them. I love the idea of the star with a charm. I am trying to not spend any new money right now, but maybe next year will be a great time for this one. Thank you all so much for the ideas and suggestions!!! I am out of town, but managed to get access to a PC and OF COURSE! this is the first place I had to visit. :lol

I like making little stockings (crocheted if course) out of red or green yarn, then tying them to the persons present. If I have time, I cross stitch thier initial on it.

Its really fast, takes me maybe 15 minutes to do one....

Just SC 2 capital 'L' shapes, slip stitch together leaving the 'top' end open, then turn inside out. Ta Da! a stocking! you can make as big or small as you want.

Using the same principal, I make hearts too.....and stuff them with pouporii.

I should post a picture...they are pretty cute and really easy. LOL If I can make it, anyone can :lol

~Chicki

I'd love to see a picture of these. :) It sounds so simple and too good to be true. :) I was making it too hard. Thank you! I'll let you know how it turns out. It may be a huge lifesaver if husband's plans to go from 15 employees to 77 happens. Yikes!

I like making little stockings (crocheted if course) out of red or green yarn, then tying them to the persons present. If I have time, I cross stitch thier initial on it.

Its really fast, takes me maybe 15 minutes to do one....

Just SC 2 capital 'L' shapes, slip stitch together leaving the 'top' end open, then turn inside out. Ta Da! a stocking! you can make as big or small as you want.

Using the same principal, I make hearts too.....and stuff them with pouporii.

I should post a picture...they are pretty cute and really easy. LOL If I can make it, anyone can :lol

~Chicki

:eek 15 to 77? you better hope not. i'm with you. i've been trying to make stockings with the most bizaar patterns. had me going one way, then the other. this sounds very do-able. stockings are back on the to-do list.

:lol You had me laughing when I read this. You sound just like me! Bizarre doesn't even cover it.
:eek 15 to 77? you better hope not. i'm with you. i've been trying to make stockings with the most bizaar patterns. had me going one way, then the other. this sounds very do-able. stockings are back on the to-do list.

This is one of the patterns I hadn't tried yet. Okey Dokey. If at first you don't suceed... :cheer Guess I'll get back on that horse and try again. :D Thank you all for the encouragement and ideas. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.:rofl

and easy-peasy.

http://members.tripod.com/CarolynMurphy/stocking.html

Make two and single crochet them together and you're done. I've made them as the pattern says because I'm going to teach the kids at school how to make their own decorations. They take about fifteen minutes, if I remember correctly.

BlackWidow, as soon as I make a new one, I will post up a pic and some more detailed instructions!

Christmas is coming up faster than I realized, I gotta get to work on some new ones. :hook

~Chicki

Archived