Identify yarn help please

Kw82

Question

5 answers to this question

Looks like a boucle type yarn, which I've heard can be hard to rip out or work with - I've never used it.  

It's probably not natural fiber,  you could do a burn or bleach test on a little piece.  If it's man made, would not be suitable for a dishcloth or hot pad (not absorbent and little heat protection).

If you are wondering if it's worsted weight or other, you could check wraps per inch , which might be a little tricky as it isn't a smooth yarn.

I wouldn't use it for something that would take a lot of wear and tear.  I see a little tyke in your avatar, maybe a baby sweater?  Hat & scarf for any age?

Boucle was my guess also.  It is very difficult to pull out stitches when you make a mistake.  I would go with something simple like a scarf, use 2 strands together and use a larger hook than what I normally would for that weight of yarn because a looser stitch is easier to count and easier to pull out if need be.  

It could be Lion Brand- Homespun. Just not sure because it is so fuzzy. A throw with a open stitch works best like V-st or a closed stitch like Moss st. Use a size K or L hook for drape and ease of crocheting.

Archived