Looking for a thin twisted cord

Flia

Question

Hi. 

I've seen a tutorial somewhere on a twisted, very thin, twisted I-cord. 

It wasn't made the usual way,and it was like a twisted row of stitches on the surface of the cord. 

Does anyone understand what I mean? 

14 answers to this question

Neither the Lobster cord or the Romanian cord have a twist. 

The one I'm looking for has kind if a line of stitches on top of the base that spirals along the cord. 

Oohh it's hard to explain this 🤣

17 hours ago, Empress Busy Bee said:

Granny Square,  I made a couple of them a year or two ago.  Fairly easy and nice looking.

Flia, where did you see it?  Is there a picture you can link to?  Romanian cord is worked in the round which is why I thought it might be the one.

I don't know. That's why I'm asking :(

That makes a really nice looking cord, I've used that one before.  I first learned it eons ago  (was a belt that was part of a pullover pattern I made in my, er skinnier days), and have since used it a time or two for hat tassels, like this (scroll down to see just the hat).  The only 'bad' thing is it leaves a really nice looking end (where it's wrapped around a knob or whatever), and a messy end.  I've always just cut the nice end off, and tied knots, leaving the ends like the hat in the link.  I've never tried, but you might be able to sew them in on the 'bad' end, instead.

22 hours ago, Granny Square said:

That makes a really nice looking cord, I've used that one before.  I first learned it eons ago  (was a belt that was part of a pullover pattern I made in my, er skinnier days), and have since used it a time or two for hat tassels, like this (scroll down to see just the hat).  The only 'bad' thing is it leaves a really nice looking end (where it's wrapped around a knob or whatever), and a messy end.  I've always just cut the nice end off, and tied knots, leaving the ends like the hat in the link.  I've never tried, but you might be able to sew them in on the 'bad' end, instead.

That's interesting. Although, I don't recall ever using a cord for anything. LOL.

Archived