Not an Oven Topper

Charlene

Question

Need a pattern for a friend for a Christmas gift.  Crochet around a ring like you would for an oven towel  but there is also  two holes so  it will fit over a knob  like on your cabinets.  Of course there is a large button on this.    I think it starts with 12 double crochet on to the ring,  and then 2 more rows of double  before you start on the hole opening.  Can't wait to hear from you experts!  Charlene

5 answers to this question

Do you mean, a towel holder (not attached to a towel) that hooks over a knob instead of around a horizontal towel bar?

Like this perhaps?  But no button...this is the only free one I could find that didn't fit over a bar.

http://reflectingthebrightness.blogspot.com/2012/08/crochet-your-own-dish-towel-ring-knob.html

Not sure what the OP is asking about but maybe like this? Or this one? If it is the double ring that hangs on cabinet knobs, you could crochet 2 rings, then join together and add something like a small flower to the center. 

ETA: Just found this pattern.

3 hours ago, Granny Square said:

Your google-fu is better than mine.  I like that last one, more options to hang 2 towels--for the kitchen, a hand towel and a dish drying towel.  

Ha! Google-fu! 🤣 You got me on that one. I had this pattern marked already trying to decide on a few Christmas gifts. I'm going to use this one again if I can find some large enough plastic rings to crochet around. I prefer the plastic to metal because of the weight difference.

Archived