Hello everyone!

Andy1RN

Hi there, I'm new to crocheting and happy to be here. I've crocheted a couple of minor projects - very slowly - and am working on a dog sweater for our boxer mix. He has some type of allergy that has caused a lot of fur loss, and its been pretty cold so this should work well for him if it ever gets done. So far the neck area is complete. I suspect I'm making a newbie mistake by not using a pattern. It's not overconfidence, it's more being intimidated by how complicated patterns look on paper.

I'm in Rossville Georgia just south of Chattanooga Tennessee. Until recently I lived in northern California (near Chico). I have a lot of free time and am trying to do something in addition to spending time on the computer! Looking forward to learning here; the environment seems friendly and encouraging - which I could really use. Thanks for reading.:)

Hello and Welcome! :clap

About that fur loss. It could be something in his diet what is causing that. Many years ago I had a cat with the same  problem. That poor cat was looking so bad because he had a many bold spots. I took him to few Vet's looking for help.. None of them were able to help. Long time after my cat was gone I find out what was the problem. I came a cross a book on that subject. He was eating too much fish. Too much fish in cat's diet will cause fur loss. He loved those cans with fish, so I was buying that for him :(.

Krys

PS: I did spend a small "fortune" on all those special shampoos & creams prescribed by those Vet's.. for nothing!.

1 hour ago, USpolishgirl said:

Hello and Welcome! :clap

About that fur loss. It could be something in his diet what is causing that. Many years ago I had a cat with the same  problem. That poor cat was looking so bad because he had a many bold spots. I took him to few Vet's looking for help.. None of them were able to help. Long time after my cat was gone I find out what was the problem. I came a cross a book on that subject. He was eating too much fish. Too much fish in cat's diet will cause fur loss. He loved those cans with fish, so I was buying that for him :(.

Krys

PS: I did spend a small "fortune" on all those special shampoos & creams prescribed by those Vet's.. for nothing!.

Thank you for the ideas. He's on a low allergy dog food now (lamb and rice) and has gotten much better since working with our current vet. His hair is super thin, and he's mostly white. I have no idea why, but a lot of skin problems pop up in mostly white boxers. I'll check more into a diet connection, thanks for that.

Archived