Knittingnan

knittingnan

Hi there I'am new to this forum and VERY new to crochet. I have just become a nan with a dear little grandson and would very much like to crochet some small toys for him. I have already reached a halt so practice, practice, practice I think!! I live in Malvern Worcestershhire UK.

Welcome to Crochetville! 

Congratulations on your grandson! I see that you live in the UK. Most of the folks that are active here are from the US. The reason I said that is because there is a difference between UK crochet terms and US crochet terms. So, if you need help with a pattern, please let us know that it's a UK pattern. Otherwise we might give the wrong advice. 

To make toys, most of the stitches are UK dc, done in the round. So, practice with coasters, can cozies, hats, baskets, etc.

Hi  and Welcome    to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

Congrats on the grandson and one thing I did when I was learning ( I use to knit all the time), was I kept either a book or the computer handy if I needed help with a stitch.  There are places you can go and print out the difference in the stitches between the UK patterns and US patterns.

Here is a site that gives you both the difference in the stitches and the hooks.

Have fun.

It doesn't matter where you're from to join in the Crochetville family!

It only matters when talking about patterns so we can talk in the pattern's terminology. I like to help with patterns, when I can. Until I gave very wrong advice, I didn't know that two English versions existed. I don't want to do that again. :)

Archived