Easter Yarn!

threeolivemartini

so .. i finally got my yarn from THIS auction.. and even though its a little thinner than what i like.. i am very pleased with it ..

i got it home after going to walmart and buy easter egg dye... and rolled off 6 hanks of yarn at 125 yards each ..

i really loved the result .. i will be at wal mart the day after easter to buy all the colours kits i can for half off.. i bought the least expensive one they had .. no frills just 5 dye tabs for 50 cents.. red..blue.. green.. orange.. and yellow.. i used half the water they suggested .. which ended up being 1/4 cup.. and 3 tsp of vinegar in each colour.. i did a little mixing of colours.. and they came out way brighter than expected.. on the yarn before "cooking" the orange looked like a cremesicle and the red was really just a light pink.. it didnt really turn red but did turn a smashing pink colour.. here are the results..

th_easteryarn2.jpg

th_easteryarn.jpg

Oooh VERY cool. Love the colors.

Last year our PX had the East Egg stuff at .25 a box after Easter. I only bought a few boxes. You betcha I will be there this year getting as much as I can. gggg

FABULOUS! I was gonna buy some of that cone yarn like that (I had that auction you won on my watch list lol) but wasn't sure what to do with it if I won, seeing your stuff I have to go back and find some now lol!

Archived