Desperate to identify this stitch :(

Ruth Saiz

Question

Started this in November now I can't remember the stitch and cant find the pattern :(

near as I can tell it ends in pull through 4

Edit: could possibly be *unfinished hdc in the current stitch (3 loops on hook), unfinished sc in next stitch (4 loops on hook), draw through all loops; repeat from *.

post-79237-0-43189800-1485995971_thumb.jpg

8 answers to this question

That's a very pretty stitch. Hdc-Cross Stitch maybe? video

I tried crocheting the stitch in the link I posted and also tried your suggestion. To me, neither one matches. Maybe another member will see this and figure it out. In the meantime, I 'll keep searching.

Pretty stitch. It looks like some kind of cross stitch. If you crochet 2 stitches together with an overlap (as your edit says), wouldn't it decrease :think ?. Maybe you can slowly pull 1 stitch apart and see how it's worked. I'll try different cross stitches and see what happens. Good luck.

Ellie 13

I was thinking that ReniC's link looked fairly close to the photo, but I just saw the edit and Ellie13's comment about "wouldn't that be a decrease?" and it reminded me of a stitch in my stitch dictionary...called a paired stitch.  It looks quite a bit like the OP's pic, including the gaps.  Basically, it is LIKE a decrease, except where for 2 decreases next to each other over 4 stitches you'd combine stitch 1&2, and 3&4, you do this:

Combine 1&2 like a normal decrease.  Then, combine 2&3 like a decrease - because you are using 2 twice, it keeps the stitch count even. The next would be combine stitch 3&4, and so on.

Here's a tutorial

http://crocknit.blogspot.com/2013/06/swatch-two-half-double-crochet-paired.html

Here's a tutorial

http://crocknit.blogspot.com/2013/06/swatch-two-half-double-crochet-paired.html

Hi Granny Square; I tried the stitch in the link you gave and if that's not it, I don't know what is. Hope the OP sees it.

Ha!  Thank my bifocals.  :hook

When I first got the book, I went thru it pretty thoroughly, especially the stitches that were new to me, to see how they were done.  I remember wondering if paired stitches were 'invented by mistake'.  It's amazing how many ways there are to pull loops thru loops...

Granny Square, on 07 Feb 2017 - 3:21 PM, said:

Ha!  Thank my bifocals.   :hook

When I first got the book, I went thru it pretty thoroughly, especially the stitches that were new to me, to see how they were done.  I remember wondering if paired stitches were 'invented by mistake'.  It's amazing how many ways there are to pull loops thru loops...

Double Ha!!!! Guess my bifocals aren't as good as yours. I too looked through this book and did not see it. :lol 

Archived