What to crochet with this yarn?

Kayla Jackson

Question

I recently bought this (http://www.yarnspirations.com/yarn/bargello.html) yarn from Joann's in the coral and the teal, and I love it, but can't figure out what to do with it.

I don't want to make cowls and hand warmers because it's summertime, and my favorite things to make are blankets and bags.

Anybody have a pattern and/or suggestion?

7 answers to this question

Since it's super bulky, I just might wait until the mood hits to make a cowl or scarf.

Don't know if anything here might be to your liking, but this is a search on ravelry for super bulky yarn and bags:

www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#craft=crochet&view=captioned_thumbs&query=bag&weight=super-bulky&availability=free&sort=best

How many skeins did you buy of each color?  It's only 90 yards per skein...assuming you were thinking 2 projects, 1 skein won't get you very far.  It's bulky weight, unless you find a small bag pattern, a bulky weight wearable is going to be for cool weather...make it now and have it ready when it cools down enough to wear it?

You should be able to filter Greyhoundgrandma's link to show patterns for different yardage ranges--some cute bags for less than 150 yards there.

Ohhhh! The teal is gorgeous!

Since you like to make bags, I'd make a tote. If there's not enough yarn for that, I'd make as big a bag as you can with the amount you have, and show off that pretty yarn.

Granny Square, I bought 4 skeins of each color. I was thinking about 1 project using both colors.

Ah, good!  Then lots more possibilities.  There were a couple of baskets on that link for bags, this one might be interesting with those 2 colors, and you'd have enough left over for a tote as well.

That's a tough one with this weight of yarn. Other than scarves, afghans/throws, etc, everything shows up on the searches for Fall and Winter time. But.......

Maybe a basket to hold yarn or a tote for your current project?

Tote (example only)

Tote Pattern

I can see your new yarn in this Rainbow Tote.

Or, a Bed Runner/Scarf that lays at the foot of the bed.

Archived