New and a little frustrated

christy81

Hi.  My name is Christina.  I have always wanted to learn how to crochet but everybody I asked refused to show me so I have bought a couple books and am trying to teach myself.  I am so glad to be part of this community!!!!  I have two questions:  When I do my chain stitch I squish the yarn in between my fingers and the yarn ends up looking very flat.  Any tips on how to prevent this?  When I start doing a single crochet all my stitches look like one and it is hard to distinguish one stitch from the next.  Any ideas on how to improve this?  Thanks in advance for any and all help!!!  The picture is of my single crochet.

post-77625-0-30339300-1462738903_thumb.jpg

Hi :hi and Welcome :welcome   to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

Your stitches looking alike, will change as you get use to looking at the stitches.  I see nothing wrong with you SC.  You have 9 stitches complete.  You may get more answers to your question is you go into the general help section and ask there.

Hi Christina, 

Although I'm new here too, but still wanna give you a warm welcome. :) 

This community has lots of helpful and experienced crochet villagers, so do not afraid to seek help from here. 

Also, Tampa Doll is right, it will be better for you to post your question on General Help section to get more answers to your question, and also for new crocheter like me to be able to learn from your question.  :)

Hi! If your stitches flatten, just pick up your piece and give it a good shake! That will usually puff them up a bit!

Archived