Hancock Fabrics store sells yarn

racerose

Our Hancock Fabrics store is next door to Michaels; so I thought it was very strange that Hancock was selling Lion Brand yarn.

This weekend, they had a clearance bin of yarn for 50% off! Lots of Cotton Ease, I guess b/c maybe LB is discontinuing it. Chenille thick-n-quick, Jiffy baby yarn, chunky u.s.a., Kool Wool and Wool Ease were also 50% off.

They had Clover hooks, various pattern books. And these big balls of novelty yarn about the size of a volleyball for $20. I'd never seen these "balls" of yarn before, and they included patterns and a "how-to" dvd. I'm certain there was a cardboard core in the ball, so it wasn't all yarn. The yarn was fur and there was a confetti yarn similiar to Plymouth Electra, that works up nicely when paired with a strand of WW yarn. Of course this "ball" of confetti yarn was more cheaply made than Plymouth; but the shape or pattern of the yarn was the same. I thought about buying it; but thought $20 was a little high. I forgot to check the yardage.

Sorry for rambling; but now I know to check Hancocks for LB yarn at 50% off. yay!

Sounds like your Hancock's has a better selection than ours. I was excited to see that they were carrying yarn now, but the colors were minimal. Plus, when I asked the saleslady a question about yarn substitution, she just shrugged! Talk about a :2nono ! Maybe they will improve with time, though. :)

Hancock is finding ways to attract more customers. One of them is to expand their yarn selection and supplies. I answered a survey for them the other day.

Alas, our Hancock is pretty small and in an older building besides. I don't think we'll see much in the way of expansion in any department. I'll just have to hope that they're looking into moving into a larger place.

i saw that also and figured it out, was not a great deal at all. worked out to about 6.00 a skein for about 2 ounces. i almost broke down and bought the black yarn they had, they also had the ribbon type yarn, but i did not like the quality. i found that instead of getting bigger, outr hancocks here is getting smaller:( :P and the 50% off, not all stores honored that, it was marked as priced:angry :angry hope yours was better:P

Our Hancock Fabrics store is next door to Michaels; so I thought it was very strange that Hancock was selling Lion Brand yarn.

This weekend, they had a clearance bin of yarn for 50% off! Lots of Cotton Ease, I guess b/c maybe LB is discontinuing it. Chenille thick-n-quick, Jiffy baby yarn, chunky u.s.a., Kool Wool and Wool Ease were also 50% off.

They had Clover hooks, various pattern books. And these big balls of novelty yarn about the size of a volleyball for $20. I'd never seen these "balls" of yarn before, and they included patterns and a "how-to" dvd. I'm certain there was a cardboard core in the ball, so it wasn't all yarn. The yarn was fur and there was a confetti yarn similiar to Plymouth Electra, that works up nicely when paired with a strand of WW yarn. Of course this "ball" of confetti yarn was more cheaply made than Plymouth; but the shape or pattern of the yarn was the same. I thought about buying it; but thought $20 was a little high. I forgot to check the yardage.

Sorry for rambling; but now I know to check Hancocks for LB yarn at 50% off. yay!

• 1 month later...

my local hancocks is FANTASTIC with their lb wool-ease selection. :D i just got a color, lilac, that has been virtually non-existent in jo-ann's and michael's because people keep snapping it up so quick. i'm quite happy with my local hancocks. :clap

• 2 weeks later...
my local hancocks is FANTASTIC with their lb wool-ease selection. :D i just got a color, lilac, that has been virtually non-existent in jo-ann's and michael's because people keep snapping it up so quick. i'm quite happy with my local hancocks. :clap

Yes, I've been snatching up a lot of LB Wool-Ease and Cotton-Ease from Hancock's.... and at such a great price! And the selection is terrific b/c I guess most people don't think of shopping at Hancock's for yarn.

• 2 weeks later...

Our Hancock doesn't sell much of anything in yarn. They do have a bunch of Lion Brand but they never have the color I'm looking for or the style of Lion Brand I want. I love Hancocks for fabrics and such but thier yarn selection is pitiful. Ours anyway.

Archived