Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

Hi rat dog!

You'll get there....but I know how anxiously I wait to start something else,

I started the stuffed GSD today.  I made the nose/head. It doesn't look like much but I'm sure the black accents will really make a huge difference. 

Happy hooking everyone!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Monday! You ladies have been busy!! 

I find myself much more eager to pick up the hooks now that the weather has cooled off. I'm about 10 squares from finishing all 208 squares from finishing my brothers giant blanket, then I just need to finish sewing them together and add a border. Very exciting!

I think I'm nearly done with my DH scarf, I thought it would take more than 1 skein but I think I'm going to get away with only using one! I'll post pics of that when it's done. 

This little beauty showed up on my Facebook the other day and I might have to make her! What do think? Mary Jo, I bet you'd love her!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/christmas-angel-16

The designer had another angel design but it was a smaller angel. So cute!

Happy hooking everyone!  :ghug

Here are my two newest pins.

I had to replace the witch for DH, as he was missing the one that went with the tote.  He said it was not Halloween without a witch.

The other is a frog, that will be hopping it's way out of Florida soon.

post-105-0-49757000-1475583881_thumb.jpg  Here we are.

Charis - thanks for the link to the angel pattern!! I saved it - hope to get to it for little gifts.

MJ - cute pins!!! 

I'm starting a Scooby Do graph pattern today - gave up the idea of a stuffed dog as a gift. My patience is no longer there for stuffs, I'm thinking.

Finished the main body of the blanket.....well i decided i was finished.

So now just the green border and detail embroidery to do. Maybe it will be done tomorrow.

I've had patterns like that - decided that they were done because I couldn't work on them any more!

Almost done.  That is what you have to keep telling yourself.  I have had projects like that myself.

Thought you might like to see the table, tree and Ami Ville displays.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/157922-october-2016-table-tree-image-heavy/#entry2716625

It is finished, decided not to add the embroidered details. I tried it on one square and it just looked like a mess so i took it out.

Just need to wash it and get it ready to wrap.

So I have finished all four blankets for Christmas.

Whoo Hoo!

It is finished, decided not to add the embroidered details. I tried it on one square and it just looked like a mess so i took it out.

Whoo Hoo!

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Whoo Hoo!

Yeah great news.  Now you can relax for a day and start on your next project on your list.

Good Moring everyone.

On my way to the allergist this morning.  Last thing I feel like doing, is going for my 6 month check up.

Still comparing insurance plans.

Have a fun day.

I hit the wall every year making doll clothes for donation but thankfully this year I've exceeded my yearly goals.  However, my spare bedroom is overflowing with yarn that really needs to go.  I've decided to make scrap blankets for the great niece and nephews to keep them warm this winter.  About 3/4 of the way through the first one making a granny stripe afghan.  I'm thinking about a granny ripple for the next one and then maybe a granny rectangle.  I'm not sure I'll have time to get to the last one if I do it my be a square as he's still a preschooler.

Please stay safe everyone on the east coast line.  Thankfully the in-laws and DH's Aunt evacuated ahead of the crowds and were able to extend their stay through Monday at the hotel they booked.  We can only pray this storm finds a way to blow itself out quickly.  Good luck all.

Good Morning Everyone.

Almost done my lovely and on to some stuff for Thanksgiving.

Cloudy, rainy and windy here today, and I was just watching the news, the storm has dropped to a Cat 3.  Good news there, but still moving up the coast.  Be Careful.

8:47am and we are still ok. Power has not gone out so i could make coffee this morning. Watching the news to see what Matthew is up to now.

Update 11am heard from both boys at UCF in Orlando all is well there. :)

So glad Matthew is sort of behaving himself... still praying for everyone... got a bunch of crocheting done yesterday in the car, hunkered down today ( except a dinner with some friends at 4:00)  other then that my yarn is my friend today!

Archived