Have any of you crocheted the "Coming Home" poncho?

Ya know, the infamous Martha Stewart one?

I haven't tried it yet but bought four skeins of Homespun yesterday and can't wait to try my hand at the poncho!

A couple friends of mine have made it; one had a terribly rough time, and the other said it's one of her favorite patterns ever and she whips 'em out like nothin'!

If you've made the Coming Home poncho, what did you think? Was it difficult, easy, fun.....? What color did you make it?

I'm making mine in "waterfall" - light blueish and purple. Very pretty yarn - I think it'll make a beautiful poncho!

I've done 2 of these so far and had no troubles at all! In fact, this was the first poncho I ever made! The first one I made used bernat baby yarn. I used green for the body and white with silver for the edging.

freedomponcho.jpg

The second one I made using varigated Red Heart WW yarn and instead of the edging, I put fringe (it was a present and that's what the recipient wanted.)

trishponcho.jpg

You'll have fun! Oh, and it's super simple to modify the pattern for sizing by adding or subracting the beginning chains... GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

I've made the mini version (the one from Maggie's crochet) for my daughter- she adores it and wears it all the time. The pattern was pretty simple and it looks so nice.

I made it back in April but I don't know why I never posted here about it. :think At least I don't think I did.

The Matha poncho was the first poncho I ever made. I only made it because my mom begged me to make her one. :lol It seemed pretty easy to me and it worked up really quick. I used the Lion Brand pattern. I can't remember the color I used but you'll see it in the pic. I'm making a lapghan right now, in waterfall, and I think that is a beautiful color!

2005_04_01_marthaponcho1.jpg

I haven't made the people poncho, but

I made the dog one at the Lionbrand Site.

It was an easy pattern.

My daughter took it for her pug.

Nancy

Oh my glory - a pug in a Martha poncho! That must be UNBELIEVABLY adorable!!!!

Gina - that green one you made is GORGEOUS!!!! I'm thinking you should make more, girl. It looks PERFECT! :drool

I haven't made this particular poncho myself, but have helped a couple of people when they ran into problems. Both of them had mixed up their stitch count along the way. As long as you pay attention and don't lose track of your row and stitch count (meaning double check every now and then, not necessarily every row), I don't think you will have any problems with the pattern.

I did make a Coming Home Poncho before it was even distributed at the LionBrand site I forget how I got the pattern but.... The beginning was a little hard, but after you figure that out, it was basically a granny poncho. I hardly wear mine. I was thinking about giving it to my mom. But here it is:

"]th_ab75bbe3.jpg

That's not a very good picture I can't seem to get enough lighting in here right now, I'll try again during daylight...:)

Tina

After vowing never to make a poncho, especially not one Martha Stewart related, I broke down and made one for my oldest daughter at her request. I found it to be pretty easy and I don't consider myself to be more than a beginner crocheter. True, I miscounted and had to frog a row here or there, but I cranked it out in 6 days and it would have gone even faster if I had more time. (And spent a little less time in Crochetville!) I used Homespun Antique. I would post a pic if my digital camera hadn't died on me.

This pattern is what reignited my love for crochet. I made my first poncho 2 weeks ago using Lionbrand Wool Ease. Came out nice, would've been beautiful if the store didn't run out of yarn. Me being impatient wore it already. Since then I've made 1 more (again the store ran out of yarn), this time it was no biggie. I used Lion Brand thick and quick, and it crocheted up quickly. Looks totally different thean the original pattern but me likes. The one I'm working on now, will be the true test. I went to a different store, and now I'm using Oreo Heart, and this store has enough yarn, lol. I'm double stranding this one, and I will post pics when it's finished.

Necia

Archived