Do you know the name of this stitch?

Galessio

Question

10 answers to this question

I'm not sure if the stitch pattern has a name, but it looks like the setup row would be 2 DC into 1 stitch, skip a stitch, repeat.  

The next row looks like 2 dc into the second DC of the shell in the row below, repeat.  

I found this pattern, unfortunately the photo seems to have vanished (looks like error 404). Top pattern, '2 DC Shell'.  It doesn't give the second row;  I would guess : chain 3, dc into same stitch, 2 dc into the second DC of the shell in the row below, repeat.   

http://crochet.about.com/library/bl2dcshellpic.htm

If it's a swatch at a store, maybe they know what it is. If it came with the yarn (for display), you could contact the company. Most companies have web sites or e-mail. I think that pattern is standard for those swatches because I think it's been in other craft stores, maybe with other yarns.

Ellie 13

I went through my Harmony guides of stitches and there is a section called all over patterns. They have no specific names but some don't go in rows  but also work in sides of the stitches. Maybe it was done just from a stitch pattern.

Granny Square, on 25 Nov 2015 - 3:45 PM, said:Granny Square, on 25 Nov 2015 - 3:45 PM, said:

I'm not sure if the stitch pattern has a name, but it looks like the setup row would be 2 DC into 1 stitch, skip a stitch, repeat.  

The next row looks like 2 dc into the second DC of the shell in the row below, repeat...............

Ditto on Granny Square's info. I made a quick swatch in cotton yarn and it turned out exactly the same (to me anyway): a 2 dc cluster.

The next row looks like 2 dc into the second DC of the shell in the row below, repeat.  

I found this pattern, unfortunately the photo seems to have vanished (looks like error 404). Top pattern, '2 DC Shell'.  It doesn't give the second row;  I would guess : chain 3, dc into same stitch, 2 dc into the second DC of the shell in the row below, repeat.   

http://crochet.about.com/library/bl2dcshellpic.htm

Just wondering

Just wondering which side are you using as the base or set up row as it looks different to me ?

Hi Sarisue, not sure if you're asking me or Reni - I didn't swatch it, I was guessing about the set up to give you the right number of stitches for the next rows.

By the way I ran across the same pattern as you posted, but I discounted it because it had SCs (and I was only seeing DCs in the photo).

I hope it's OK with the OP' to manipulate her photo, here is a cropped and turned rightside up version.  It almost looks like something different is going on with the left side, but it may be because it's sort of folded?  I was looking at the right side as the pattern seemed clearer there.

post-13625-0-48624100-1448735377_thumb.jpg

Thanks Granny Square and RenieC for answering. Yea I  see the dcs. I tried it different  ways and it has me wondering. It seems more open in spaces than others  than if it was just back and forth in rows.

Archived