Cabbage Patch inspired ghan

sopo

I try and find cabbage patch dolls at yard sales and thrift stores to fix up, put new jammies on and donate to the kids at the women's shelter but they are really hard to find around here. A fellow cabbie collector has sent some to me to donate and is sending more. She pays shipping from Colorado to Oklahoma which isn't cheap. I wanted to make her something special so decided to make her a lapghan in the Cabbage Patch logo colors. It will be a surprise when she gets it as she doesn't know it's for her but when I posted a pic in our group, she was the first one to comment on it so I think she'll love it. :)

post-44513-0-10711800-1435462596_thumb.jpg

post-44513-0-34666400-1435462618_thumb.jpg

Love it!! Cabbage Patch dolls are awesome! I want to start my collection back - My house burned back in 2005 and I lost them all! I probably had 50+ from when I was growing up.

thank you all.

Jessica, 50! when growing up wow! I never got one as a child so hubby bought me my first our last Christmas together. I collected the 7 months he was still here and then sold most when he passed. A few years later, I got back into it so I have a few specials ones I kept and a few more. Never too old to start collecting. ;) 

Beautiful afghan! :) I was a collector, too. I still have my childhood dolls and those I rescued from thrift stores. They are in storage right now and I'll probably sell them at some point. Anyway, it's nice hearing that other people share the same hobby!

What a generous gift! That's lovely! It looks like a super interesting project to work on.

Also, would you believe the CPK you posted in your photo could be the twin sister of the CPK I had as a kid? Wow, seeing that sure brought back memories. :)

Archived