Riddle me this....

What tool can you use for crochet if you don't have a hook and you can't use your fingers/arm/feet etc???   Hmmmmm??

Tell you the troot, I didn't know there was any such thing, but it turns out there is.  Maybe YOU know of such a tool or maybe you even use one?

Traditionally built hook makers would like to know.

You've had me stumped, but I've been thinking and thinking.

Here's my guess - a hair removal tool for drains?

I found it in a patent search I did just for fun, directed at crochet hooks.  I had no idea that it was ever commercialized but it was AND was popular on a TV add by K-Tel (Remember K-Tell?... if you do you're, well,"seasoned" ).  A Ravelry person pointed it out to me.  So without further Add ooo, I give you.....

K-Tel Knitter

wow,am thinking i might need this,lol, and you can cut it??????? Yes, K-tel was right up there with Ron-co !!

Can I cut it?  Can a bear hibernate in the woods? heh  Actually I did make one but sent it off to one of my customers for a trial run to see if it might be something to get more serious about.  I've read some not-so-good reports on the tool so I'm a little trepiditious about taking it further.  My original thought was wow this should be made in a very large version for maybe rag rug making.  OR?????

I've been wonder about the ability to cut the fabric too, since it appears to just function as an enclosed hook, the fabric should be the same...I think?   :think

A drawback, you couldn't do something for which you need to take the hook out of your work briefly (like a popcorn stitch, or colorwork).  You'd have to cut the yarn each time, which would be a big drawback.

Archived