Boutique Unforgettable Yarn

SweetCaliroy

Question

I want to try crocheting an entrelac scarf using the pattern from KnitAndCrochetNow.com (https://www.anniescatalog.com/knitandcrochetnow/patterns/detail.html?pattern_id=34&source=pinkkc) and was wondering if using Boutique Unforgettable yarn would work for this pattern.

I have never used this yarn before and according to the reviews I've read, some say that this is great yarn and some say that it's really bad because it splits so easily.  Does anyone have any opinions on this yarn?  I'm almost afraid to buy this yarn due to the reviews.

Let me know your thoughts!

5 answers to this question

I have made 4 different cowls with Unforgettable and didn't have a problem with any of them.

Unforgettable is/like a roving yarn, so it can have the tendency to be different thicknesses throughout the skein. I personally love it and haven't had a problem with splitting. My main issue has been when it goes from thick to thin and back again. But every project I've made with it has been beautiful so I forgive it's shortcomings. lol

Unforgettable is/like a roving yarn, so it can have the tendency to be different thicknesses throughout the skein. I personally love it and haven't had a problem with splitting. My main issue has been when it goes from thick to thin and back again. But every project I've made with it has been beautiful so I forgive it's shortcomings. lol

I agree with JustAddGlitter on every aspect :) Just a few ideas though: 

1) Caution With Centre Pull

Some individuals who tried to do a centre pull on this skein, ended up in a giant ball of mess. To be safe, some crocheters have recommended not doing centre pull at all, and work from the exterior of the skein back in.

2) Dealing with Yarn Splitting - Using Hook with Tapered Throat

I usually use bamboo hooks that are in-line hooks with pointy ends--good for amigurumi. However when you're working with something like Unforgettable, I'd recommend trying to use blunt-end hook with tapered throat if that's not your usual style of hook. That way the strand will slide off easily and have lesser chance of splitting the yarn.

3) Uneven

I think the random thickness of the strand doesn't bother me as much as the random thread-like segments. As long as you're cautious with not pulling the yarn too hard and crochet along as if though nothing is happening, it should be fine :)

Archived