Crochet equivelent to knitted seed stitch?

Left Hook

Question

anyone know what crochet stitch mocks a knitted seed stitch? Making a pair of pants and the woman has a knit pair for her child already that has a mock cuff done in a seed stitch. She wants something similar. The pair Ive made have single crocheted legs... so I need something to use for a mock cuff that doesnt taper... any ideas? Sorry for the bad typing am using only one hand, baby in the other. haha

8 answers to this question

There is a crochet seed stitch, I don't know how well it looks like the knitted one. It goes like this: after foundation chain, sc in chain, ch 1, skip one ch, sc in next ch, across length of foundation. Then next row, sc in each chain space and ch 1 over each sc.

I made a purse and a tie out of a stitch that I called a "seed stitch". I don't know where I picked up the name for it. It has been a couple years since then. Basically, you alternate single crochet with double crochet. On the next row, you make sure the double crochet goes on top of the single crochets and vise-versa. It is a gorgeous stitch. I love useing it on texture detail items.

It is easy once you get used to seeing what stitch you are working on.

Stitchinpick

I was taught that SC alternating with HDC was a seed stitch in crochet. The second row the HDC sits on top of the SC. Interesting the variations, although it seems to be a thicker stitch follower by a thinner stitch in all variations.

anyone know what crochet stitch mocks a knitted seed stitch? Making a pair of pants and the woman has a knit pair for her child already that has a mock cuff done in a seed stitch. She wants something similar. The pair Ive made have single crocheted legs... so I need something to use for a mock cuff that doesnt taper... any ideas? Sorry for the bad typing am using only one hand, baby in the other. haha

I made a purse and a tie out of a stitch that I called a "seed stitch". I don't know where I picked up the name for it. It has been a couple years since then. Basically, you alternate single crochet with double crochet. On the next row, you make sure the double crochet goes on top of the single crochets and vise-versa. It is a gorgeous stitch. I love useing it on texture detail items.

It is easy once you get used to seeing what stitch you are working on.

Stitchinpick

This is the one I like, too. It makes lovely items and is very useful.

Archived