Scarf and Hat Sets for my Two Fave Kiddos

NurseFrawg

I wanted to share my latest creations. Not very inventive, but they should be warm. I made two scarf/ hat sets for my two favorite kiddos. Long story but it involves the Army, their Daddy being in Afghanistan, their Mommy being sick with a heart condition, and the fact they are cute as can be.

The first set is for a 3 year old little girl. I made the set from leftover Red Hear Soft Baby in Twinkle and added a little bit of purple on the hat (it's her favorite color). The hat pattern is the Cool Caps from Bernat and the scarf is the Shell Lace block pattern from 200 Crochet Blocks. The scarf measures 45x 6 inches (without the tassles).

DSC04482.jpgDSC04478.jpg

The second set is for a 5 year old little boy. I made this from leftover Caron Simply Soft in Limelight, Blueberry, and Lemonade. The hat pattern is again the Cool Cap pattern and the scarf is a ripple pattern that I found in a stitch pattern book. (I had some troubles with this pattern... it rippled in both ways as you can see.) The scarf measures 51x 3 inches when it is rippled up and it is 6 inches across when it is stretched out.

DSC04480.jpgDSC04477.jpg

PS- I was leary about doing a scarf set for the kiddos... worried about choking hazards and I asked the Mom. She said it was okay. Safety safety safety.

Elizabeth

Thanks for the kind words... Their Mom knows about their gifts, but she is blissfully unaware of what she will be getting. Due to her heart condition she is constantly cold and in Eastern Oregon it gets pretty cold not to mention she spends a lot of time in hospital waiting areas. I am making her a ponchette from Dot's pattern, Diamond Trellis, so stay tuned for that.

:manyheart

Elizabeth

Archived