I messed up big

creativeK

Question

18 answers to this question

After you finish the first row 2, the rest of the pattern is row 2 as well. It could have been a little clearer, it says 'repeat to desired size', which means to repeat row 2.  So all rows 2+ begin and end the same way.

ok now I know. so all of row 2,even the (2 dc in first sc)?

I apologize, I've edited my post 12.  I just did a little sample, instead of 'doing it in my head'.

The turning ch-2 takes the place of the first sc.  The 2 dc are indeed made in the last sc from the prior row.

One thing that is a good idea with this pattern as well as most, really:  count the number of shells you have (the sc, dc, dc being a type of shell stitch).  You should have the same number in every row.  The shells will be a little offset from each other in alternate rows, in other words, a shell from row 3 will be directly over one from row 1, and a shell from row 4 will be directly over row 2.  One way I check if I'm accidentally adding or subtracting at the ends of rows in this sort of pattern is look at the end shells in row 1, then in a line every other row directly above and see if it's all lining up.

and that sounds helpful,thanks.

I don't get whats up with me...normally I can catch one quickly. Something about this particular pattern just has me in a tizzy. I'm never this slow. I deeply apologize,it's like just when I think I get it,my brain shuts off

how do you begin and end the rows after Row 2?

I apologize, I've edited my post 12.  I just did a little sample, instead of 'doing it in my head'.

The turning ch-2 takes the place of the first sc.  The 2 dc are indeed made in the last sc from the prior row.

One thing that is a good idea with this pattern as well as most, really:  count the number of shells you have (the sc, dc, dc being a type of shell stitch).  You should have the same number in every row.  The shells will be a little offset from each other in alternate rows, in other words, a shell from row 3 will be directly over one from row 1, and a shell from row 4 will be directly over row 2.  One way I check if I'm accidentally adding or subtracting at the ends of rows in this sort of pattern is look at the end shells in row 1, then in a line every other row directly above and see if it's all lining up.

Row 1 ends with sc, dc, dc, sc, ch-2, turn.  This red ch-2 sprouts from the orange sc and takes the place of first sc in row 2--you don't crochet into it or the orange sc at the beginning of row 2.

Row 2, after you have turned after row 1, reading from right to left, you will have ch-2 (which takes the place of the first sc in the row) , dc, dc, sc.  You are going to reach over the 2 dc and make your first stitch into the blue sc from row 1.  

At the end of row 2, you make your last sc into the topmost chain of the ch-2 from the row below.

ok I think I got it but what about in thebeginning pattern of Row 2

2 dc in sc from last row (first stitch). ?

Row 1 ends with sc, dc, dc, sc, ch-2, turn.  This red ch-2 sprouts from the orange sc and takes the place of first sc in row 2--you don't crochet into it or the orange sc at the beginning of row 2.

Row 2, after you have turned after row 1, reading from right to left, you will have ch-2 (which takes the place of the first sc in the row) , dc, dc, sc.  You are going to reach over the 2 dc and make your first stitch into the blue sc from row 1.   edit - sorry, my bad: you do make the first 2 dc into the last sc of the previous row.  

At the end of row 2, you make your last sc into the topmost chain of the ch-2 from the row below.

The ch 2 is for the beginning of the next row. You can make it either before or after you turn the work to start the next row.

so the ch 2 is for the begnning of the row and after you chain 2 you do 2 dc and then  do sc, dc, dc in each sc from previous row all the way across and a sc at the end ch 2 and start all over?

is this correct?

Link to pattern, Bubbles Baby Blanket.

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/patterns/bubbles_baby_blanket.php

A lot of beginners overlook the turning chain at the end of a row --the turning chain becomes a stitch at the beginning of the next row and needs to be treated as a stitch at the end of the next row.   It might be a good idea to put a marker in the second (top) of the turning chain so you don't forget

Row 2:

2 dc in sc from last row (first stitch). Do sc, dc, dc in each sc from previous row

(so it's basically skip two stitches and sc, dc, dc in next across).

End with one sc in top of turning chain and repeat to desired size.

At the end of row 2 and each row thereafter, chain 2 and turn.

Fasten off and weave in ends!

so at the end of the row(on both ends) you sc and the chain 2 and turn?

Link to pattern, Bubbles Baby Blanket.

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/patterns/bubbles_baby_blanket.php

A lot of beginners overlook the turning chain at the end of a row --the turning chain becomes a stitch at the beginning of the next row and needs to be treated as a stitch at the end of the next row.   It might be a good idea to put a marker in the second (top) of the turning chain so you don't forget.

Directions:

Chain 62

Row 1:

Sc and 2 dc (all three in same stitch) in second chain from hook. *Skip two chains and continue sc/2 dc in third stitch(patternstitch)* across.

For last stitch skip two chains and just sc in last stitch, ch 2 and turn.

Row 2:

2 dc in sc from last row (first stitch). Do sc, dc, dc in each sc from previous row

(so it's basically skip two stitches and sc, dc, dc in next across).

End with one sc in top of turning chain and repeat to desired size.

At the end of row 2 and each row thereafter, chain 2 and turn.

Fasten off and weave in ends!

Archived