The Ghost and Mrs Muir

ReniC

Today, again for the umpteenth time, I watched The Ghost and Mrs. Muir- 1947. There were many crochet pieces used as props in the movie. There were a few shawls too that I covet.

Such a odd love story, but, I will watch it again and again.

Here are just two afghans/throws that were probably very colorful. The granny throw had fringe on it but the movement while taking the photo obscured it.

Sorry about the poor quality pics from my cellphone.

post-17452-0-20668300-1413068296_thumb.jpg

post-17452-0-92628500-1413068345_thumb.jpg

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 1

Yes! One of the shawls I saw was long, maybe in a very open stitch and one row of large Irish roses on the back. So pretty. I'm going to go back and hunt for it again!

Here's a pic of the shawl I found on Pinterest. Not the greatest but you can still see the style I referred to.

And a better one.

I remember those pieces...there was a shawl...I think...
I've watched it a lot! Might be time to own the DVD...lol!

Edited by ReniC

Love it....the crocheted pieces had always caught my eye. I can't help myself...lol!

I'll bet there's a simple shawl pattern out there that can work and the roses, well, I think I've seen patterns like that when I was searching for smaller flowers to attach to baby beanies,

Edited by judianne

• 4 years later...
  • 4 years later...
2 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

I picked up a copy of the movie DVD at a library sale many years ago.  I remember watching the reruns of the TV show after school MANY years ago.  I loved the series, too.

That's right! I forgot there was a TV series. I'll have to check out ME-TV and see if it might come on there.