Ayla27

What pattern is this?

Question

I came across this saved image in my bookmarks but there is no link. Can anyone work out what pattern this is please? 

Thanks in advance!

Ayla

post-72008-0-63717800-1401631370_thumb.jpg

21 answers to this question

looks like maybe a row of sc alternating with a row of "sc, tc" to make the bumps.  you could try a sample and see if it turns out like what you want.

maybe moss stitch?  there are variations and it can look like this

Thanks for responding ladies. It isn't either of those unfortunately. The bumps look more like little knots.  

Could it be 1 sc in first stitch, then 1 dc in the next stitch, repeat throughout?  I made a scarf like that one time and it looked like this.  ???

• Like 1

Avon Lady! Thank you! It isn't exactly that but i have worked out it is 1dc, 1sc in the same stitch then skip a stitch & repeat. Thank you!!!

Edited by Ayla27

Great!  Glad I could help!

I am making a baby blanket right now and the pattern is 1sc,2dc all in one space.  It's coming out pretty good considering I am using variegated yarn. It's called Bubbles Baby Blanket and couldn't be any easier to make.  The pattern is free on Ravelry.  The photos don't do the bubbles justice.  Really a cute design.  I'm using worsted because it's a winter baby, but I bet it could be made with any yarn.

Thanks Laraine! I will try it out. It sounds really nice. Post a pic when you have finished  :)

• Like 1

Hi Ayla,

Here's a close up to give you an idea.  I tried to do this with my camera so it's a tad dark. 

post-71710-0-93315100-1401802042_thumb.jpg

Very pretty and the colors are beautiful!  Reminds me of tiny Easter eggs! 

• Like 1

Thanks Deb.  I appreciate it.  It's very textured, which doesn't show up all that much in a photo.  The easiest baby blanket with bulk that I've made.  So fun.

Thank you Ayla.  That was my biggest concern. How the colors would turn out.  I am happy with it.  It may take me a while (arthritis) but I will have plenty of time to finish it. :)  I'm using I Love This Yarn for the first time and I have to say, I like it a lot.  For me, it's a step above Red Heart With Love. 

It looks like a pattern from Crochet Gardens called " Afghan of the Sandman".

http://crochetgarden.com