2014 Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas - Delivered!

badrhinogillett

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to make these and send them..Are there any guidelines as far as yarns and size we should follow? Please send me the location where I can send them when finished. :) This hits close to my heart. My first born was a NICU baby being born premature. He's now 5 and full of life and energy.  :manyheart

Acryllic yarns are better than wool or natural fibers as they can be washed easily.  I have some suggestions on the Facebook page - but as far as size it depends on what size baby you intend the blanket to be for.  The NICU cares for children from Extreme Preemie (the size of a Barbie Doll) to a 1 year old.  So, anything from 16 inches up to 36 inches.  The smaller the afghan, the fewer holes it should have as the smaller babies are on more monitors.

I would love to join your Facebook group and work on the infant donations. I love to make baby stuff, but have no babies in the family to give them to. Thanks so much for organizing this crusade. It would be so nice if something like this could be organized for all hospitals with NICU units. Can't wait to hear from you.

THanks for you help.  I can't add you to the FAcebook page unless you reqeust it.  Otherwise, I can't find you.

Our donation year is started off!  Tracey (Tcarra) sent these two lovely afghans.  She is learning to knit and has put her new-found skill to use to bless the babies.  These are light weight and lofty and lovely!  

Picture also posted on the Facebook group.

post-2886-0-99552100-1391129606_thumb.jpg

Thank you!  I do deliver in the fall, but I'm willing to take items at any time.  I have two 75 gallon rubbermaid containers I store them in - so plenty of room if you need to be rid of them.  When you need my adderss, just PM me.

This is an amazing cause and I definitely want to get involved! My son was three weeks premature and my Fiance (and his twin) were both Extreme premie, so I have plenty of cause to want to help these children! I am going to go through my stash and organize all the baby yarn I have to see what I can come up with! Thank you for this opportunity to help!

Finished up the blocking on these two baby afghans that I have been working on for a while. We all have been posting to the Facebook page for this drive and I wanted to post here at Crochetville my latest too.

I sure am having a wonderful time crocheting blankets for the NICU babies.

12299843464_84e0838ecf.jpg

12298484994_2a9e6cfb90.jpg

Those are lovely!  I received a box yesterday and will get pics up (hopefully) tonight... also need to add pics here of some of my recent crochet edged fleece.

I have to count again, but with what I have finished and what has been delivered so far, I think we are already over 30 afghans!

Archived