badrhinogillett

2014 Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas - Delivered!

Kathryn, there is a box headed your way. I mailed it yesterday and the estimated delivery date is next Wednesday, June 11th.

Kathryn, if those little jackets I included in the package would be useful donations, I will have more to send you.  I contacted our local hospital and they already have people who make items for their NICU, but asked me if I would be interested in making afghans for older children and adult patients.  I agreed to that, but have some finished baby jackets here and would be willing to make more in between afghans.

Jeanne - the jackets are wonderful!  Please, I"d love more.  How great that you'll be able to help a hospital near you too!  

Sandra - got your package will post pics of your box, Jeanne's and Mary Jo's this weekend,.

These 4 owl afghans are from MaryJo- Seriously sweet stuff.  14 hats and 4 pair of booties!  

From Jeanne, there are 4 afghans, 1 jacket and 11 hats.  I love the decorations on the hats!

post-2886-0-99081700-1402528804_thumb.jpg

post-2886-0-44323200-1402528853_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The 3 lovely, soft round blankets came from Tracey.

The set of 5 ghans comes from Sandi - such sweet colors, and

the lot of 7 ghans and 3 quilts comes from Carol!  So pretty!

post-2886-0-15863800-1402528988_thumb.jpg

post-2886-0-90752200-1402529003_thumb.jpg

post-2886-0-01639500-1402529050_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have to apologize to Jeanne!  She sent more than one jacket.  The box arrived a while ago and I've been waiting to take pics.  (took me far longer than it should have).  I had taken one jacket out of the package to look at it more closely and had the others sitting in another spot.  When I took the pile of things I had to photograph, I didn't grab all the jackets!  I have them here to take pictures of.  However, I just got back from the airport picking up my sister who is now visiting.  

6 other lovely jackets to show you all.

No problem, Kathryn.  I probably have a dozen more here to send you.  Along with another afghan or two.  I did finish one in an adult size for our hospital here in Langhorne PA.

I finally finished up this moss stitch preemie blanket that I have been working on forever. You know the projects that just never seem to get done. Anyway I have this preemie blanket done and just started an Aggie RR using scrap yarn so hopefully I can get that one done and ship these two off to you soon.

14419273334_4bb1cf95f6.jpg

Many pictures to share-... so many afghans and hats to bless the babies.  It's a big year so far!  Updated totals in the first thread.

30 from Pam

13 from Olga

11 from Melinda

post-2886-0-10363600-1415570927_thumb.jpg

post-2886-0-91731300-1415570960_thumb.jpg

post-2886-0-67022800-1415570992_thumb.jpg

Thank you to all who contributed this year!  I just got back from delivering all the blessings to the hospital.  The staff who took the donation were very appreciative.  They could see many of the items, as this year I delivered in large bags- Jumbo Ziploc bags (they come up to my waist) - they thought everything they could see was lovely.  They were so happy!

Thank you for once again making this day possible for me.  My son came for delivery this year - when I get home tonight, I"ll post a picture of him with the donation at the hospital.

I'll be starting a new thread in January for the 2015 delivery, but if you have anything that you want to send ahead of the new post, feel free to send it.

• Like 1

Wow it is hard to picture bags that tall, but that is so great.  I was glad I could help this year, and hope to be able to help next year.  Thank you for letting us help.

If you are still doing this, I'd love to crochet something for your donation bin for next year. Please pm me and let me know where to send stuff. This is truly a great cause. :)