2014 Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas - Delivered!

badrhinogillett

Thank you!  I do deliver in the fall, but I'm willing to take items at any time.  I have two 75 gallon rubbermaid containers I store them in - so plenty of room if you need to be rid of them.  When you need my adderss, just PM me.

Thanks.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are two round ripples I did this week.  The blue is 27 inches and the yellow is 29.   Slightly smaller than I normally do, but these will work for large preemies or newborns... and I got 2 afghans out of only 2 skeins of yarn

post-2886-0-09651700-1391972484_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was home sick this weekend.  It meant that I had lots of time with my crochet hook.  The baseball blankets are 1/2 yard each - so good for older babies.  The pink are 1/4 yard each - so good for newborns and large preemies.  And the green is from 1/3 yard remnant and will be for micro-preemies or could even be a "lovey" for an older baby.

post-2886-0-83425500-1393204789_thumb.jpg

Received 2 packages this week.  The 3 blankets are from Cindy.  I love the circle to square granny - never seen a square like that!  The pic of 2 blankets are from Yensi - she sent them from Singapore!  So lovely!

post-2886-0-30078300-1393790397_thumb.jpg

post-2886-0-12661400-1393790409_thumb.jpg

Thank you and glad they arrived safely. I found that circle to granny square pattern fun and easy to make. I might have to make more of those with my stash yarn. It's a great way to use up some scrap pieces for the colored centers.

Jessica - it's lovely!  It's fine that it doesn't lay flat... the people who make Persian Rugs always purposefully put a flaw into the rug, because they believe that the only perfect thing is God. 

The afghan will comfort a baby and let a family know that they aren't alone- it couldn't be more perfect than that!

ok one more fleece to edge then i should have a full box! I will let you know as soon as i do. Though i don't have a washing machine and i do not want to take them to the nasty laundry mat where i have to do my laundry what is ok for me is not ok for babies.

I made another one- but I was scared to post it :( it doesnt lay flat like it should.. Ill post pics and if you still want it I will send it with the other one!

Thanks!

attachicon.gifstarblanket.jpgattachicon.gifstarblanket1.jpg

attachicon.gifstarblanket2.jpg

Don't worry about it laying flat. It's very pretty and you can just block it. I had the exact same thing happen to one I crocheted. Here is my blocking tutorial

that worked wonders to fix the center. Check it out.

Here are my latest.  3 RR and 4 fleece.  I have one more yard of fleece and then I"m out of my stash!  oh no!

Love all your FOs. Those round ripples are so pretty and love the fleece blankies too with the crocheted edging. You are a blanket-making machine these days. I can't believe how many things you are turining out and so quickly. :yes

Archived