Dishcloths of 2014 ~ CAL........

teakaycee

Good Morning......

It's really windy this morning.....ooooooh don't want to go out in it today....but I'm off to my moms today to exercise and visit! I'll be taking my crochet with me!

I have an order for 3 slouchy hats to get done this week! One is done ... One is 1/2 done.

Then a cousin of mine asked so very nicely for a Minion hat....so I'll make that real quick too!

I need to spend some time on this knitted scarf too....a friend bought me the pattern and is paying me to make it!

Well..... Off to get things ready to go!

Have a fabulous day!

Catch you all later!

Sounds like you better get busy! Thanks for sharing pics of your tote and scarf...they look great. I'm in between projects at the moment. I have a few more dishcloths to make for my sister, but have to wait for the store to get more of the right color in.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made these using this New Stitch A Day video: 

Great looking dishcloth. Thanks for the link to the tutorial.

Here is the dishcloth that I did over the weekend. I am going to start working on some more shortly.

Now that my partner has received her cloth, here's the one I've done so far. 

Here's the PATTERN... 

attachicon.gifdish.jpg

Both of these cloths look great.

Found this free pattern on Ravelry and HAD to try it: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lindenleaf-dishcloth

Love your dishcloths and thanks for the link to the pattern. For some odd reason, I like the short row knitting technique. I guess because it seems like I'm moving along faster that if I had to work every stitch in every row.

.::Evening everyone..............

:whew......... been a bit busy around my house lately!

I made 2 dishcloth sets for my mom for Christmas.... we celebrated late on the 12th due to us being out of town for Christmas.  She loved them!  I have quite a few more balls of cotton to make her more! 

I'm working on another set now... in between an iPad tote I'm making myself and a knitted scarf I'm making for a dear friend that ordered it!   I have to knit in stages because I have "knitters thumb"  LOL.

Here is the dishcloth set I'm finishing up............

attachicon.gifdishcloth set.JPG

:heart

:mug

Pretty. I have some of that yarn.....

:whew .........

Okay kids here we go.....

This is the dishcloth set for my mom....

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

This is my iPad tote......

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And this is a picture of the beginnings of the knitted scarf. I'm further along but the lighting has gotten to where it doesn't look nice. So I'll snap another one maybe tomorrow.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Okay.....back to crocheting or knitting!

Oooooh......need a coffee refill first!

Pooh, more lovely projects. You always photograph your work so creatively!

Just wondering what yarn you use to make your dishcloths? I also wonder how much yarn the average cloth takes?

I use any worsted weight cotton . Heather mentioned a couple of brands. Hobby Lobby also has their own brand of cotton yarn, "I Love a This Cotton", Bernat makes Handicrafter Cotton, and there are still more. I find that I can sometimes get two cloths from a 3 oz ball, but more often it's only one, with some yarn left over. I almost always buy two balls of a color, because I can quite often get three cloths out of two balls.

I've also had people tell me that they use ordinary WW yarn for washcloths. I wouldn't use it, because I do not think it would absorb water nearly as well, and it seems like a wet acrylic cloth would feel "icky" in your hands, but they say it works fine.

Has anyone figured out a way to make the finished cotton dishcloths continue to look nice after using and washing them? Mine always fade.

????

☕????~ Good evening all.....

Hope everyone is doing well!!

I've been busy busy busy ..... Filling orders!

I need to snap a picture of these 3 soft white slouchy hats I just made!

Finished a ruffle scarf for a friend for her birthday too!

Still working on that knitted scarf...that one I have to work upon in stages because of my thumb....but I'm getting there!

speaking of......I need to get back at it!

Catch up more later!

????

Love your dishcloths and thanks for the link to the pattern. For some odd reason, I like the short row knitting technique. I guess because it seems like I'm moving along faster that if I had to work every stitch in every row.

I like the short row technique too...the only problem is that I'm terrible at the kitchener stitch. I've watched tutorials and it doesn't look hard, but my seams are always so obvious  :( .

Haven't found a great way to keep my dishcloths looking new, but it does seem to help a bit to lay them flat to dry instead of throwing them in the dryer.

☕~ Good evening all.....

Hope everyone is doing well!!

I've been busy busy busy ..... Filling orders!

I need to snap a picture of these 3 soft white slouchy hats I just made!

Finished a ruffle scarf for a friend for her birthday too!

Still working on that knitted scarf...that one I have to work upon in stages because of my thumb....but I'm getting there!

speaking of......I need to get back at it!

Catch up more later!

What pattern are you using for the slouchy hats?

Hey Gang!!  I finally took some pictures, and actually downloaded them to my computer and everything... LOL

post-25611-0-20636000-1390632945_thumb.jpg

Here is a close up of the stitches...

post-25611-0-27415600-1390633022_thumb.jpg

and here it is in a full view...

post-25611-0-10144700-1390633062_thumb.jpg

Here is a matching tawashi...

So that's my dishcloth type projects as of late!  :D

And here are some pictures of Lola... she's my goddaughter and we had such fun having her here last week!

post-25611-0-80255500-1390633149_thumb.jpg

Here her godsister is feeding her...

post-25611-0-39974200-1390633160_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of Lola with me... :)

post-25611-0-75639100-1390633176_thumb.jpg

This is Lola by herself...

post-25611-0-52162200-1390633196_thumb.jpg

and here she is sleeping.  Nothing more beautiful than a sleeping baby!!  LOL

post-25611-0-33511600-1390633319_thumb.jpg

and here is a scrunchie I made for Arielle to wear when she's playing basketball...

:hug

Hey Gang!!  I finally took some pictures, and actually downloaded them to my computer and everything... LOL

attachicon.gifLinked crochet stitches dishcloth.jpg

Here is a close up of the stitches...

attachicon.gifLinked crochet stitches dishcloth 3.jpg

and here it is in a full view...

attachicon.gifPastel Tawashi.jpg

Here is a matching tawashi...

So that's my dishcloth type projects as of late!   :D

Pretty...I really like the tawashi - which pattern did you use? I think I might like to try one...

Melanie - Lola is beautiful!!!

Pretty...I really like the tawashi - which pattern did you use? I think I might like to try one...

Melani - Lola is beautiful!!!

Thank you!!  I think so, too... but I could be a bit biased... LOL

Here's the pattern I used for the tawashi - except I used a variegated rather than 3 different colors, and switched back and forth with front loop only and back loop only to give it even more ridges.  (You'll know what I'm talking about when you look at the pattern, I'm sure.)  :hug

http://www.craftstylish.com/item/43848/how-to-crochet-a-tawashi/page/all

wow, i just dropped in, and there are some spectacular dish cloths being made on this thread, I love them all, each and everyone of them,!! Thanks for my daily eye candy ladies, and you have spurred me on to checking out my stash of cotton!! I did send six to a sister in Idaho in December, but they were in my bin of cotton, already made, just added a row or so on them, does that count, lol, to make them the size she likes... I had made them a long time ago, and stashed them, and forgot about them, but I did work on all six, and would you believe, forgot to take pics before packing and sending, my bad!!!    But thanks again, Ill keep checking in, and if I complete any, I will post it here, thanks!! :manyheart

Hello everyone...I agree, there's some BEAUTIFUL dishcloths in here...I really need to make some as mine are starting to fall apart..Not only are they dishcloth's, my girls like to use them as blankets for their barbies..So I go through the house and confiscate them as I find them...Looking forward to making and sharing some dishcloths with you...Finding new patterns..I usually opt for the basic one that is all single crochet...Hope everyone is having a GREAT evening....

While my son was at a birthday party last night at the Mall, I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up some cotton yarn so now I can make some more dishcloths.  I ran out of yarn but now I'm good for a little while.

:sun ...... Good afternoon friends!

How has everyone been? Good I hope! Been super busy here! Getting orders and gifts done .. :whew

I have another dishcloth set in the works....have had to keep putting it down to work on something else!

Melani........ Lovely dishcloth and scribble!! Lola is adorable!!!

Well ... This is a quick stop in!

Just wanted to say :hi. Hi!

????

Archived