A fine mess

This is what happens when I make a floral sampler afghan from whatever yarn is on hand. It all winds up in a big, messy heap. But now it's outta control, so tonight will be untangling and rewinding time.There is a small basket in the background with completed flowers. They "bloom" at a rate of one or two a night. The goal is my second knockoff of Anthropolgie's Quirky Heirloom Throw; the first was crocheted from stash yarn in neutral colors. This is intended as an explosion of colors.

post-1473-0-42084500-1382557833_thumb.jpg

I LOVE to see someone else's "mess"!!!  Then I don't feel so bad!!  Sometimes our Froggers Crochet Club gets donated yarn that looks like this, so we have to spend the entire class time just untangling it!!  But it's still better than having to go out and BUY the yarn!!

I was stranded at my daughters one day with no project to work on.  As the time dragged on with my hands empty and sweating profusely, my eyes twitching and my heart racing she came up with one lonely skein of horribly tangled yarn and challenged me to untangle it promising it would be mine if I did.  Challenge accepted.  Took me over an hour but the skein was mine!!! I whipped out my emergency hook from my purse and soothed my frazzled nerves making granny squares until my ride arrived.  The point is: untangling is tedious but oh the rush when you've conquered that mass of twisted wondrous fiber. You go girl you've got this! Can't wait to see your afghan completed.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets so fidgety when my hands are idle. In my case, maybe because I smoked for many years -- or, as an only child, I always had to find something to make because of a lack of sibs. But I have trouble even at the end of the day when I'm tired and watching TV, just sitting and doing nothing.

I vow I'm going to tackle the detangling tonight before I make one more flower!

I was stranded at my daughters one day with no project to work on.  As the time dragged on with my hands empty and sweating profusely, my eyes twitching and my heart racing she came up with one lonely skein of horribly tangled yarn and challenged me to untangle it promising it would be mine if I did.  Challenge accepted.  Took me over an hour but the skein was mine!!! I whipped out my emergency hook from my purse and soothed my frazzled nerves making granny squares until my ride arrived.  The point is: untangling is tedious but oh the rush when you've conquered that mass of twisted wondrous fiber. You go girl you've got this! Can't wait to see your afghan completed.

That looks like a few spots in my craft room too. I keep off untangling them but will have too one day as I am running out of room there.

I will never understand how all those skeins and balls can get entangled, when I think I'm proceeding in a fairly orderly fashion. I did untangle them all last night and, though I thought it would take all evening, I did  manage as well to crochet  a big, crazy-looking spider mum, inspired by a plant brought over by a friend yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived