hello from sweden! stuck on pattern big time

Bulan1

Question

Dear all

I baught the most beautiful pattern for a dolly dress from the 60`s. However I am totaly stuck, from the start. I have googled and tryed all kind of variations but I can not do this :(. I crochet a lot, and have done other dresses but this I do not understand. If anyone can help me I would be so happy!

Here is the start that I do not get.

Beg at left sholder,ch 7. Row 1 Dc in 7 ch from hook, ch 6 turn. Row 2 Dc in first dc , work dc, ch 3, dc in the 4;th ch of starting 7 (v st made). Ch 6 turn.

Row 3 Dc in first dc, dc, ch 3, dc in the nest ch-3 sp (vi stitch sp made) , v st in turning ch and first dc as a V st. Ch 6 turn. Row 4 Dc in the first dc /inc at beg of row), make V st in each ch-3 sp, V st in turning ch sp-4 v sts.

This make no sense. If anyone can make this easier, or if you need to see the complete pattern, or perhaps draw me a picture let me know, and I will send you my email adress. Yhank you in advande.

Maria

Maria Schillstrom/Sweden

• Answers 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I see. That does look good. Here is what I have so far. I think it will look very similar. But I would love to know what she did. The rows above and below the look like double crochet when I enlarge the pictures.

since the sc are so much shorter, the triples bend over and form a little arc.  I think this is sometimes called berry stitch.  i used it in a backscrubber you can see here http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/102065-something-i-needed-backscrubber/?hl=backscrubber

I don't really get what you are saying. I don't know how that would stand up.  I haven't tried that, but the bobbles are working. I'll take a picture when I get home.  Gay

The pattern in the Dutch blog is nice - simple but elegant.  I don't speak Dutch and haven't run it thru the translator, but the 'bumps' look like they might be achieved by 1 row of sc; 1 row of sc, tr, repeat; 1 row of sc.  What happens is the triples are too tall for the surrounding sc stitches and they have to 'sit down'.  Makes a tidy pea-sized bump in worsted.

OK so ch 7, DC in 7:Th ch froom hook. Ch 6, DC in the first DC= an 8. Then do DC, ch 3, DC in the marked ch? I will give that a try, and remember to turn. Did I miss Andy part now up abow?:)

This page, I mentioned before, they sell very lovely yarns, and I think that you can order them and get them sent home. I use it alot :) They also have alot alot of free patterns. =)

http://garnstudio.com/lang/us/kategori_oversikt.php

Here is the link to the Dutch pattern baby blanket.  http://karinaandehaak.blogspot.nl/2013/02/babydekentje-patroon.html  She has a nice blog with some very lovely things.  I have started my blanket.  I'm just winging it.  Although I wish nice cotton yarn was more available locally.  When it is available the color range is usually limited.

Hi again, looked at the pattern, it looks like a piquet, but I am not sure... Not sure how it is done either, I only maid one kind before... However, if you can let me know the part as I said, from one point to another, I can ask my collegue =) for specific terms of translation:)

Here is the link to the Dutch pattern baby blanket.  http://karinaandehaak.blogspot.nl/2013/02/babydekentje-patroon.html  She has a nice blog with some very lovely things.  I have started my blanket.  I'm just winging it.  Although I wish nice cotton yarn was more available locally.  When it is available the color range is usually limited.

Hi, ok, did you figure out the dotts ? Can you perhaps let me know what part of the pattern you get stuck on? From what point to ending point :)

Hi, I will do that :) Many thanx to all of you =)

:clap

This looks great!!!!   i could not imagine what it was going to look like, from the little triangle we were all working on.  I do hope you will keep showing us what it looks like, i am very curious to see the finished product!  

You can tell us the title of the pattern and where you bought it, if you want to.  Someone else may have it, or want to buy it.  

Hi, yes I can, it is from cemeterian, and the pattern is PDF 6713, and I also baught the PDF 6601, that I think is beatuiful.

Looks great, keep up the good work. Glad you kept going. Glad I know now about the rest as that is basically what I was thinking it would be doing.

Well,I made it thanks to u all!

This looks great!!!!   i could not imagine what it was going to look like, from the little triangle we were all working on.  I do hope you will keep showing us what it looks like, i am very curious to see the finished product!  

Dear Amy, tank you for the info. I am affraid that the only way to get the pattern is to bye it, since I am not allowed to add it here. I do think that I will manage from here. So you are welcome to delete the part of the pattern, if there is to much info. Bst regards

You can tell us the title of the pattern and where you bought it, if you want to.  Someone else may have it, or want to buy it.  

OK I officially hate this pattern  :yuck  :rant  :bang

This would be funny if it weren't so frustrating!!!!  I took photos of each step.  in redoing it i thought i had misinterpreted a step in row 3, omitted a dc i guess.....so i did it in what i think is really the correct way---and it looks worse!  

i also "improved" part of it, not sure if that is really better or not!

will get the photos up for you---

i am trying to figure out what is what on the picture, turns and so on. Is it possible for you to explain in a more "modern' way. I am a good crochet person, but this was Moore then I could handle :(

Archived