Red Heart with Love

Not sure where this should have been posted.

Has any body used  Red Heart with Love?  I saw the yarn and really liked the colors and feel.  I bought 2 skeins and started a pattern, which happened to call for this yarn.  Now I am not sure if I really like it or not.  It seems to something, not really sure.

Just wondering about what others may think of it.

I made a baby blanket using With Love earlier this year, and I LOVE it! it was so easy to work with, and it washed up beautifully. It's so soft, too!

Maybe I should give it a chance.  It is very soft and the colors are nice. I've been using I Love This Yarn and really do love it.  Cost wise they are about the same.

Either one I have to drive 30+ miles to get.

It seemed it was too stretchy or something.  I don't know.  I'll finish what I started and see what I think.

Thanks for your input.

I have been using RH Love in place of not being able to get ILTY and I kinda like it. It is soft and I did make a baby blanket.  The price I paid was $4.99 a dollar more than ILTY.  I know that Walmart has it for cheaper, but you have to find a Walmart that carries it or order it on line. 

I would love to work with it but at eight dollars apiece, it's kind of expensive.

I bought mine at Walmart for $3.58!  Did you buy yours at a local yarn shop?  Sometimes their prices are really inflated!  I think JoAnn's carries it, but it's higher than WalMart.

It is currently on sale at Herrschners.com at $3.99, under their weekly yarn sale. Good through next Wed. May 22.

Price at Joanns.com is $5.29 (not on sale right now).

LI Roe

I bought mine at Walmart for $3.58!  Did you buy yours at a local yarn shop?  Sometimes their prices are really inflated!  I think JoAnn's carries it, but it's higher than WalMart.

Hi. I only have a Walmart near me. No local yarn shops, or Joanne's or any neat yarn stores like in the states.

I just used three skeins (the red) in the afghan I just made. I love it! It's soft. I would say it's pretty comparable to Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn. I bought mine at Walmart.

I bought mine at Walmart.  It was more than RHSS which is $2.77 here but less than ILTY which is $3.99.  I think it was $3.77.

I love ILTY and when I can I stock up on it.  When I first saw the w/love I thought it similar to ILTY but after working with it I don't think it works up as well.  It seems too stretchy or something.

in the Joanns store the price is $4.99

That's how much I paid, as well. Our color selection is a little small, but I managed to find the EXACT colors I needed to match my friend's nursery, which worked perfectly!

I just bought some of the With Love today for an afghan I'm starting.  I agree with the original poster that it seems too stretchy, but it's hard to tell after just a few rows.  I have a feeling though, that I'll be going back to my favorite: Red Heart Soft.   :lol

I just bought some of the With Love today for an afghan I'm starting.  I agree with the original poster that it seems too stretchy, but it's hard to tell after just a few rows.  I have a feeling though, that I'll be going back to my favorite: Red Heart Soft.   :lol

I forgot about RH Soft.  I have never tried it but like the feel.  Is it anything like ILTY?

guiness56, what did you end up thinking of the RH With Love yarn?  I worked up 1/2 skein of it in the afghan I was starting and ended up taking all the unused skeins back to the store for a refund.  Ugh!  I didn't like the stretchiness of it at all, and to me it seemed really cheap-looking.   :no  :cry

I didn't like it at all.  Way to stretchy and it started looking very used and worn by the time I was even 12 rows in.  I didn't take it back because it is too far but I only bought 2 skeins.

I'll stick with ILTY. 

Archived