Knitters Pride Wood Crochet Hooks

CraftyZone

I just bought myself a set and so far I love these wooden colorful hooks. They have a deep throat at hook base which holds stitches in place. They remind me of the Boye hooks but a better type of hook. The complete set from e/-4 through L-11 runs around $48.00 or less if on sale for eight hooks. I had seen these being used for ruffle scarfs and love the lightness of hook and the deep throat too. I been a die hard fan of Susan Bates hooks and wanted something in wood love the colorful hooks easy to remember there sizes by color. Hope you try them and let me know what you think about them.

I love these! I have the interchangeable Tunisian set, and it sounds like that's what yours is. The cables are so flexible, and they join so securely. The joins are also super-smooth and don't snag on anything.

In fact, I love them so much that we sell them in our booth at the CGOA conferences and the Stitches Events. If people were interested in ordering them, I'd be able to get some in for everyone.

I love these hooks so much went back and bought the ones with cables to do tunisian crochet I love the wood and that they are comfortable and glide really easy when crocheting. I am always looking for a new gadget that makes it fun to crochet or knit as I do both. After I seen that Amy said how flawless the connection is i thought why not treat myself.

I bought one set from a needlework store then bought my second set from Maggie Weldon web site they have regular crochet and tunsian crochet hooks with cables by same company they are light and feel good in your hand. You can check other needlework stores like I did found them on sale or free shipping too. They are beautiful and I love my hooks.

www.maggiescrochet.com/

Can you maybe post a link to where I can find these please?  Always looking for new things!

• 4 weeks later...

Are these the "Dreamz" hooks you're talking about?   Can anyone tell me how *long* the hooks are?   I've looked here & there and can't seem to find that information anywhere.   I have a couple incredible wood hooks (Greydogs, not available any longer) that are 7" long, and are just the perfect size for me.   It's gotten to where I hate dropping back to using my 'normal' 6" hooks - they seem to poke the edge of my hand, but I only have a couple sizes in my "good" hooks..   If I could find more 7" hooks that were comfortable to use (and I love wood!), I'd probably never touch another aluminum hook in my life! LOL!

I check my hooks they are six inches long they have a flat spot for your thumb the also make these for tunisian crochet with cables attached too. I love the lightness of holding hook and comfort of this crochet hook. Hope this helps you.

Are these the "Dreamz" hooks you're talking about?   Can anyone tell me how *long* the hooks are?   I've looked here & there and can't seem to find that information anywhere.   I have a couple incredible wood hooks (Greydogs, not available any longer) that are 7" long, and are just the perfect size for me.   It's gotten to where I hate dropping back to using my 'normal' 6" hooks - they seem to poke the edge of my hand, but I only have a couple sizes in my "good" hooks..   If I could find more 7" hooks that were comfortable to use (and I love wood!), I'd probably never touch another aluminum hook in my life! LOL!

I check my hooks they are six inches long they have a flat spot for your thumb the also make these for tunisian crochet with cables attached too. I love the lightness of holding hook and comfort of this crochet hook. Hope this helps you.

Thank you so much!   Yes, they look wonderful -- but sigh... that 6" length is the problem for me...     I might buy one single one, just to try it, but I really wish there were more 7" hooks out there - that extra inch of length really can make a difference in comfort!

Thank you so much for checking the hooks for me!! :manyheart

I use my Dreamz interchangeable hooks all the time as regular hooks without the cable. Because they don't have the obvious flat thumb rest of a Boye hook, I'm able to hold the hook closer to the hook itself.

I use the knife hold and find the metal end of the hook extends about an inch past the side of my hand and doesn't poke me at all.

Ferretlady I just google seven hooks seems Boye makes a rosewood crochet hook found them on Amazon. Hope this helps you or you want another try google for seven inch hooks they brought many options.

Archived