Quick and Easy Crochet?

nutz4crochet

I am thinking of subscribing to Quick and Easy Crochet. I have never seen it in any retail stores in my area. Would you recommend it? I have been crocheting since 1989, so my interest is not so much for beginner project. There are just sometimes I like to make something that doesn't require much time.:hook

Quick & Easy Crochet is a very thin magazine with about 5-6 patterns in it. I don't think it's worth the money at all. I can't suggest a replacement mag because I don't think any of the crochet magazines are worth the money. IMHO you're better off going to a book store and buying books & mags that appeal to you.

Quick & Easy Crochet is a very thin magazine with about 5-6 patterns in it. I don't think it's worth the money at all. I can't suggest a replacement mag because I don't think any of the crochet magazines are worth the money. IMHO you're better off going to a book store and buying books & mags that appeal to you.

Thank you Cheryl. I would be disappointed with 5 to 6 patterns. I'll keep searching....

Some years ago the magazine was very nice. I started taking it again about two issues ago, and am very unhappy. :( It really is a rip-off, and I am going to ask for a refund. Save your money for something else.

~Sharon~

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to give a different opinion about this magazine. Although I don't use crochet patterns, I do have a couple of the Quick & Easy Crochet magazines. The ones I have are the smaller digest versions, but I believe they have gone up to the full size version now.

The magazine is from a company called Grass Roots Publishing. The paper used for the magazine isn't the same paper as, say for instance, Crochet! and Crochet Fantasy. But, that doesn't mean anything except that we're dealing with a smaller publishing house who may not have nearly the same resources as the other companies. But, it wouldn't matter to me what paper the pattern was printed on. After all, lots of great patterns can be printed from the internet onto my own inexpensive ink jet paper and be perfectly good patterns.

This is the list of designs from the March/April 2004 magazine:

Bunny Easter Wreath

Star Doily Pillow

Homespun Coasters

Creative Edgings (handkerchief edgings)

Christening Gown

Homespun Purse

Vermont Winterberries (Christmas afghan - something Christmas in each issue)

Rock-A-Bye Afghan

Sunshine Setting (table setting)

Chignon Cover

Flower Power Child's Cardigan and Cap

Black & Grey Scarf

Babydoll Tank Top (ladies tank top)

Dripping Paint Afghan

There is a small section for book reviews. This is two pages.

And in the entire 48 page magazine, there are only two full-page ads that I can see. Now, this is coming from only ONE issue. But, if there were a ton of ads, the publisher would have more money to print on more expensive paper.

In my opinion, this magazine has more of a feel of being a "local family-owned store" rather than a big "nationwide chain". It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it...just means it's more of a Butera grocery store than a Jewel/Osco (you'll have to insert your own names in there for your own area LOL). I prefer to try to keep those little guys in business, so I usually try to shop there. The products may be the same. Just a personal preference kind of thing.

This magazine is only available by subscription, so you can't pick it up at your local market or bookstore.

So, that's my review of the magazine. I hope it helps. :)

Archived