My first dog sweater

luvtocraft

And I don't even like dogs. (If that offends anyone, I'm truly sorry. But not to worry, dogs don't like me either, I know this cause they bite me.)

I posted in my blog long ago a story of my friend's dog who ate my yarn, well, bit it rather. See!! Me, dogs and biting go hand in hand. Here is the post. The dog ate it!!

Well, as a surprise to my friend and her dog, I made a dog sweater out of the yarn in question. I actually enjoyed making it. I don't have a pet (despite my efforts to talk my hubby into getting a cat--he's allergic), so my model is a stuffed toy cat.

sweater.jpg

LOL! That is too funny giving him a sweater in the yarn he was biting :) Its a very sweet sweater, maybe you can get a picture of the dog in it once you give it to him! Congrats on the finish!

Thanks Seneca, Rebecca, and Kayla!!! :)h

Rebecca,

No, it doesn't give size adjustments, but after making this sweater, I would think it wouldn't be too hard to adjust it.

If you wanted to adjust it, first I would recommend you make the smaller pattern to see how it is made and get the feel for it. Then to make it bigger, you could just add more stitches at the beginning to make it longer. Then you could add more rows to make it go around the back and sides. And with the band across the belly, you could just add more rows for that.

Archived