A hat an a work in progress scarf

LolitaChase

here is a hat that I made for my mom

th_IM000889.jpg

The powerpuff girls inspired scarf

IM000891.jpg

a close up

th_IM000892.jpg

the body of it is done but i have to weave in the ends. I'm going to have several star motifs sew on. I'm not sure how I'll do that. I don't want the stitching to show on the back so I'll have to think that through.

more details on my blog.

I love both things! Did you just use regular worsted weight yarn for both of them? That scarf is BRIGHT LOL--it's wonderful! I love bright colors. And I have to complement on the fringe--mine always comes out looking all wonky.

Cute! Your stitches are so even.

What if you sewed a star to each side of the scarf, so you'd be sewing through the stars (sewing the stars together, with the scarf in the middle) and then there'd be no back side stitches showing, just the opposite star?

Did that make any sense at all? Can't explain anything, ever.

Cute! Your stitches are so even.

What if you sewed a star to each side of the scarf, so you'd be sewing through the stars (sewing the stars together, with the scarf in the middle) and then there'd be no back side stitches showing, just the opposite star?

Did that make any sense at all? Can't explain anything, ever.

I thought about that but the star motifs are pretty thick, the scarf is already thick itself, it'd be about an inch thick if i did that.

BTW the orange isn't so radioactive in real life.

my secret for even stitches: go REALLY FAST. then you don't have time to screw up. lol

Archived