Sharp Crochet Hook ????

vonnie

• 2 weeks later...

did you get the hooks as I was wondering what they were like. I think they would be great to go through two thickness's of a towel when you are trying to push through to get the first row started for a hanging towel. I wonder how sharp they are really?

Haven't tried one - since I am so used to my dental tool/hook. I got it years ago from Patternworks and one side is dental pick the other is a hook - about a steel size 8 - and if one side doesn't get thru the other always does :)

I love it!

I have one and used it on my granny square bag when attaching the lining. It is sharp. The thicker the fabric, the trickier it is to use. I had to be careful because the fabric was folded twice and when poking the hook through, a thread or two from the fabric would catch on the sharp edge and even come on the hook. A towel might catch the little threads on the hook, but it is not enough to put me off of using the Sharp Crochet Hook. It has many uses. I hope they eventually add bigger sizes. At the moment, there is only one size. You can use it to pierce and do the first row and switch to a bigger hook if you're crocheting an edging, for example.

Archived