Child's Poncho

ElizaDaisy

This weekend I made a couple of children's poncho's. I read ncmurray's thread about the poncho she made for her daughter and really admired it, so I followed her link to the pattern and made two. Thank you ncmurray for the idea and the link!! :)

I did one in red and one in brown. Mine turned out bigger than I thought but I think it was because I used a different type of yarn. I used Red Heart "cozy wool" and I really like the way they turned out. It makes them a little bulkier and a little warmer for cool autumn days. I'm also going to try and make one with a lighter yarn and see how that turns out.

Here are the poncho's - now I just need to find a couple of kids to give them to! ;)

childponchobrown2.jpg

Sorry about this next picture, it didn't capture the true colour of the yarn as I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't have time to change the settings on the camera. It's a very rich, dark red.

childsponchored2.jpg

You're welcome!! And they turned out great!!! I love that red one(it looks hot pink though). I'm planning to make another for my older daughter as soon as I get a chance.lol

Natalie :hook

It does look hot pink doesn't it? But it's really this dark, deep red colour. Darn camera! :)

I'd love to make one for myself but it would take me forever to figure out how many stitches I need to add to make it fit. :think

Archived