a good crochet book

artebella

Hello!!

I would like to find a good book about crochet having all crochet stiches (if that is possible) and many many patterns :book

Do you know something good to suggest me???

thanks

I used the crochet encyclopedia also. As for one with all the crochet stitches, I can't see that happening. You can get all the basic crochet stitches, but with all the variations around adding into the thousands (I have a book that has 280 crochet shell stitches. JUST shell stitches) it would be almost impossible. Your best bet is get one like the encyclopedia. Any pattern you want to do will have the directions in it to do any of the variations it calls for.

Hello!!

thank you very much girls!! "the encyclopedia of crocheting" i think this book i will buy it. Any ideas where i can get it?? :ebayor somewhere else? I come from Greece so the only way to buy it is only from e-shop...also i would like to ask if you know how much does it cost?

thanks

The Crochet Stitch Bible is another good one. It's a smaller book with a spiral binding and easier to take with you.

I agree with RoseRed. This is my favorite and I still use it.

i think i like both. But you girls which you prefer??

"encyclopedia of crochet" or crochet stich bible?? i need a book with many stiches and patterns...which of them do you think is better???

i think i like both. But you girls which you prefer??

"encyclopedia of crochet" or crochet stich bible?? i need a book with many stiches and patterns...which of them do you think is better???

I think if you want a comprehensive stitch dictionary, and a lot of patterns for finished items, you really need two different books. But if you will be happy with a medium amount of stitches and a medium amount of patterns, Donna Koolers Encyclopedia of Crochet is a good bet. It has just been revised so look for the 2011 edition.

Also there is Jan Eaton's Encyclopedia of Crochet Techniques, which is going to be revised in a couple of months. It's a good book too.

Another to consider is Complete Photo Guide to Crochet by Margaret Hubert. Here is a review of it http://www.crochetconcupiscence.com/2011/05/crochet-books-the-complete-photo-guide-to-crochet/

I really like the shortvsections on things like Bruges. The mesh jacket pictured includes instructions for using motifs in the book to add freeform embellishments to the jacket. This one is probably my current favorite.

Hello girls

i am tending to buy encyclopedia of crochet i think this book right now is the best for me...i saw the link of the complete photo guide to crochet and is very interesting too has many special stiches i read and is also very useful...maybe i will buy it too...

thanks a lot for your informations and when i get these books i will let you know!!

Archived