Shawl for Chipmunk Cheeks

HappyOldCro

This is a shawl I designed and made for my Grandaughter. When she was a wee one I called her my little Chipmunk because she had such chubby cheeks, she reminded me of a chipmunk with his cheeks full of goodies.

post-14620-135897751574_thumb.jpg

Now she is a woman grown with 4 babes of her own. I made this shawl with Patons Brilliant, Marvelous Mocha, in a filet crochet 3dc block stitch.

The filet pattern is an assortment of ribbons (one in the shape of a heart),

a cross, snowflake, flower buds and stars (blocks symbolic of these items). The ruffled fringe made by doing graduated filet, each row consisting of spaces a stitch or two wider than the previous row, and a final row with picots.

Kind of hard to get good pics of a shawl without a model,:lol. The green and turquoise peeking thru the filet of the close up, is a throw pillow, but the lightest thing I could find to try and show the details.

post-14620-135897751594_thumb.jpg

This was supposed to be for National Crochet Month, but didn't get completed in time :(:(

post-14620-135897751589_thumb.jpg

Thank you every one...

It is beautiful! love the symbols you worked out, and the edging! I bet "Chip" treasures your wonderful creation:hook

The hardest part was working the graph beforehand. I have done lots of them on the square. But graphing on the angle was a little harder. Had to tape a bunch of paper together just to get the shape, and I don't know whether it's a man thing or not, but everytime I was counting squares on the paper, Harv had something he needed to say. I thought I was saving time counting the squares and putting the numbers down, instead of counting as I crocheted, but it wasn't working with all the distractions, and the numbers weren't matching so I gave up on putting the numbers down, and wound up doing the counting as I went, :lol.

post-14620-135897751839_thumb.jpg

Archived