Crochet Bucket List

I've been thinking it's about time I finally get started on some of the things on my Crochet Bucket List, those things I've wanted to make for 30, 20, 10 or just a couple of years. Seems I am always making little things that just take a day or three.

#1 Since the first day I moved to this house 40 years ago, I've wanted to make a mantle cloth for the fireplace. I have the design in my head, but have never really planned it out... or started it.

#2 I want to crochet a tablecloth for the dining room table to keep on there for every day use. I have a huge one to use for company, but in order to use it, the table has to be extended, taking up way too much space. I need a small one!

#3 I really want to make a feminine afghan, just for me.... pink and lacy. Seem I only make them in colors that hide the crud that a family and dogs spread around.

#4 A lacy Christmas Tree skirt, using a modified doily pattern.

What's on your Crochet Bucket List??

I want to make a round ripple for the baby. I am not a fan of working in rounds so the thought of making one is like eek. But I won't make a round ripple for anyone else till I make one for myself. Lol

I would also love to make snow flakes for our Christmas tree out of thread.

There's no time like the present to make this a ME year. Get going on those items you want while you can still crochet. I went 30 years not making items for myself, but I make some for me now. I do my bigger projects in bits and pieces, then make some smaller items, then switch back and forth again. 3 blankets and 3 shawls are my really slow projects. I need more slippers and have one more pair promised to my BIL because his feet are way to big to buy them. I want to get a hand gun cozy made, probably out of cotton, then some extra large dishcloths for one of the local churches that serves free lunches everyday for the public. I have a beautiful cotton tote for myself that is nearly finished, so it would be nice to get that done for Spring. I just thought of that one. No matter what, I try to go back and forth between items that are large and small, and for me and for others.

There's no time like the present to make this a ME year. Get going on those items you want while you can still crochet. I went 30 years not making items for myself, but I make some for me now.

Thanks Real Deal, I think I'm going to make it a year for ME, too. Seems like I'm always making things to give away and I wonder sometimes if they are really appreciated.

Thinking about it, I *know* I will appreciate sitting all wrapped up in my new lacy, made just for me, pink afghan while I marvel at my beautiful mantle cloth and look into the dining room with that perfect crocheted tablecloth while I work on that new Christmas tree skirt.... LOL.

Smokey, Crochetkitten, TFCH8184 seems like we'll all be busy making afghans together soon! The Cathedral Rose afghan and a coral reef sound like fun projects to make, maybe I should start another list, hahaha. TFCH, I decorate my entire tree with just snowflakes and white lights, it's just beautiful! They were on my bucket list for many years, too. Once I got started, I couldn't stop making them... best project I ever made, do a couple every week, by next year you'll have a treeful!

And here's why you need to make ME items ~ the list NEVER gets any shorter! I still have all kinds of things I've wanted to make for the last 20 years, and I keep thinking of new ones.

For example, I've wanted to make a floor length bathrobe for years, and I'm no closer to that goal. I have the plush yarn and the pattern, but I have to get the other large items done first. And RoseRed is right ~ sweaters! I've never gotten to any sweaters yet either. And more rugs. I've only gotten one done for me lately.

But in the meantime, these newer items come past me that I just can't resist ~ like cotton bathcloths, washcloths, dishcloths. Once I tried these, I just fell in love with making them, but I give most of them away. Now I've kept a few. I think I'll try matching some up with my towels.

I have had the "plan" for a couple of years to crochet something Significant! I don't know what it will be and I expect I will know it when I see it.:think

In the meantime, I want to make a dozen more patterns:crocheting and finish them yesterday :heehee for my doll clothes collections.:manyheart

Mine is to make a sweater for myself and to make socks.

Lots of patterns in mind.....but so many requests and not enough time! Perhaps when I retire.....

Archived