It's finally here!!

My near yarn ball winder arrived today!! :clap Of course, it would arrive on the one day of the week that I'm gone ALL day! But, I finally got a chance to play and I :manyheart it! The only issue I'm having with it is that it's wanting to loosen up a bit from the table after a couple of skeins, so DH is going to get a board & mount the winder to it for me! I'd been wanting to get the one from Joann's that everyone recommended, but they've been out of stock for the last 4 weeks. I found this one on e-bay. It's all metal except for the cone, which is going to be much better than one with plastic gears.

post-20325-135897728314_thumb.jpg

I received one from my DD for Christmas and have been so busy crocheting, working and was away for a few days. I really am itching to try it out!!!

I can almost guarantee, though, that my DH won't offer to get a board and mount it.:lol:lol He wouldn't even think of that:lol:lol Or maybe he'll surprise me!:lol:lol

Congrats! I found with mine if I put a piece of shelf liner under it before clamping it down, that prevented the slipping. Not the paper shelf liner, but the kind that is more like a padding type.

Congrats! I found with mine if I put a piece of shelf liner under it before clamping it down, that prevented the slipping. Not the paper shelf liner, but the kind that is more like a padding type.

I was going to try that the first time it started slipping but I couldn't find any! :lol I thought I had used it all up in the cakes I'd made recently. But, I did finally find a piece last night and it stopped the slipping! :cheer I think I would about 12 skeins of RHSS last night & my oldest DD wound 9 before we called it a night. :lol

I'm :manyheart my new toy!!!

I do love my ball winder! I even went so far as to get a yarn swift because the fancier yarns come in...can't think of the word :rofl...but they come in big round non skein thingies that need to be wound somehow before they are usable

Hanks!

I have a small winder. But I do need a swift because I bought some yarn to dye and a bunch of roving to dye as well.

I need a bigger winder because I'd rather work from center pull cakes than skeins but my winder is little and I am not putting knots in a skein :lol

• 2 weeks later...

This is still one thing on my wish list. I've forbidden myself from buying anything until I've gone through a lot more of my stash.

Archived