Gorgeous!

Afghaniac

Lol, each flower would be pretty fast, but i tend to get distracted and then hours go by without a stich getting done:lol so i am very slow.

It says therevis a felt backing, so maybe the flowers are sewn to that?

I think the flowers would go pretty fast --I've been on a crocheted flower kick lately. I just can't figure out how they've been joined so closely without smooshing them too much, as I did recently with a rose pillow.

I saw the pillow you made and immediately thought of it when I saw the rug. I KNOW that you could do this yourself. :yes

Do you think that the felt wool backing on the rug helps keep the roses in place?.... just a thought.

I'm not so suprised over the price, but I also think that they should have included a lot more photos - specifically, pictures of the actual rug close up instead of the zoom button. Pictures of the binding on the edge and pictures of the back of the rug are 2 more that I would like to have seen. If they are going to charge 900.00 dollars (it will be after the shipping) then they should show as much detail as possible.

I admire the work and the talent and the time to create this piece, however that said, doesn't particularly strike my fancy, and certainly the price isn't too realistic either, but a nice piece, some would say an heirloom piece for sure. I would not be surprised if there are litterally millions of stitches in that piece! Nice work, great talent!

I saw the pillow you made and immediately thought of it when I saw the rug. I KNOW that you could do this yourself. :yes

Do you think that the felt wool backing on the rug helps keep the roses in place?.... just a thought.

I'm not so suprised over the price, but I also think that they should have included a lot more photos - specifically, pictures of the actual rug close up instead of the zoom button. Pictures of the binding on the edge and pictures of the back of the rug are 2 more that I would like to have seen. If they are going to charge 900.00 dollars (it will be after the shipping) then they should show as much detail as possible.

I think I might possibly be able to make a throw, or afghan, resembling the rug. But I don't think I could bear to make such a thing for people to walk on. Also, might be hard on the hands to work with a heavy-duty wool yarn of the type that probably was used. I do hope that overseas child labor wasn't used to crochet that; I've read that that's often the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived