Tea Cozies

So, there are tons of patterns for Tea Cozies but my question is this-since teapots are many, many different sizes and shapes how do they function correctly?

You have to take the shape into consideration. Not all 4 cup pots have the same shape. Some are tall an thin, some "short and stout" etc. When you are making a teapot cozy look at the picture and try to figure out if it has a similar shape. There are also some patterns that are very basic and would work for most pots in that size range. However, I'm not sure if patterns give details as to whether the cover is for a 4-6 or 8 cup pot.

I just picked one I liked, crossed my fingers, crocheted it, and it fit my teapot. I eyeballed the teapot in the pattern photo and took a wild guess. This is the pattern I used: http://crochetroo.blogspot.com/2006/05/scallop-tea-cosy-instructions.html

That's a really popular pattern. It looks like a flower over the teapot! I've also seen cute patterns made to look like animals or other things. Amazing what people come up with!

And we'll be having our tea cosy swap later this year, so stop by--we have incredibly inventive and adorable designs made by our participants (two years ago, I got a pumpkin cosy and a beautiful black cosy with stitched flowers and button butterflies on it from my wonderful partner, thepunkrockinchick; I made her a beehive cosy with little bees zooming across it), including freeform cozies, as well as ones made from published patterns.

I warn you, though--they are addictive to make. I like to switch the cosies up on my two teapots (one on the kitchen counter, one on my table) every month, or for holidays. It's my way of decorating.

Hey, time to get out my red cosy for Valentine's Day. Patty

And we'll be having our tea cosy swap later this year, so stop by--we have incredibly inventive and adorable designs made by our participants (two years ago, I got a pumpkin cosy and a beautiful black cosy with stitched flowers and button butterflies on it from my wonderful partner, thepunkrockinchick; I made her a beehive cosy with little bees zooming across it), including freeform cozies, as well as ones made from published patterns.

I warn you, though--they are addictive to make. I like to switch the cosies up on my two teapots (one on the kitchen counter, one on my table) every month, or for holidays. It's my way of decorating.

Hey, time to get out my red cosy for Valentine's Day. Patty

All your cozies are indeed inventive and adorable -- I felt compelled to visit your blog and see them. I'm looking forward to the tea cozy swap people posting photos this year.

I'm not much of a tea-phile (I've moved from a few years of daily Earl Grey to a spell of of Lady Grey, and these days Dynasty's Jasmine -- a real creature of habit) , but I do love all the trappings of tea drinking, and in a different world, I'd be having ladies' afternoon teas at my house occasionally, because I love decorating a tea table and enjoy making the sweet and savory treats that go well with tea.

Archived