I have discovered bead crochet!!!!

IamJolyn

I LOVE bead crochet! i have been making beaded ropes, and i can't seem to stop lol. I want to tackle wire and beads, and my goal is to do clutches and small wrist bags, fully beaded . . . tho i am having a hard time finding patterns for those, any one have any suggestions? I am talking were you reall can't see the thread/yarn, just covered in beads :) Anywho, thanks! :hook

I LOVE bead crochet! i have been making beaded ropes, and i can't seem to stop lol. I want to tackle wire and beads, and my goal is to do clutches and small wrist bags, fully beaded . . . tho i am having a hard time finding patterns for those, any one have any suggestions? I am talking were you reall can't see the thread/yarn, just covered in beads :) Anywho, thanks! :hook
You might want to check out my website. The link is in my signature. I started my designing career doing crocheted beaded purses. You do not see the thread on my designs. Crocheting with beads is wonderful and I love the look.

Craftylady, check out youtube, there are wonderful tutorals there! I used bead crochet in the search, and found quite a few. I find it pretty easy, i started with cotton yarn and plastic pony beads, but quickly moved on to thread and seed beads.

Kathy I will! I have been looking all over for purse patterns, and haven't had much luck, though I did do a little treasure bag with beads ( I will post a picture soon) and that turned out alright. Thanks for the advice :)

And after looking at Kathy's site, she has a fantastic tutoral on the rope beads, that includes graphs for patters!! check hers out too :)

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I did crochet few items with beads.

Couple hats for my granddaughters and Beaded Monogram Afghans, two of them. That was a very time consuming job...:(.

I am not sure if I would like to do that again.

Krys

post-73590-0-69554200-1456937123_thumb.jpg

post-73590-0-23635700-1456937177_thumb.jpg

Archived