Heirloom Stitches Throw CAL

MrsForest

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now, I'm up to row 19 on this afghan. I'd be further along if I wasn't making stupid mistakes and practically having to frog every other row! :oops At least these mistakes are getting fewer and farther between; it was pretty rough doing those first 6 rows.:lol

So far, I'm liking the results. Anbody else making any progress?

post-33647-135897726775_thumb.jpg

Right now, I'm up to row 19 on this afghan. I'd be further along if I wasn't making stupid mistakes and practically having to frog every other row! :oops At least these mistakes are getting fewer and farther between; it was pretty rough doing those first 6 rows.:lol

I am going to start mine next week. Yours looks beautiful :cheer

Loving the results! :)

Finally started last night. This thing makes my head spin. LOL

Yea, there's a bit of a learning curve with this pattern. Once you figure out how the individual pattern panels work within the rows (diamond panel, popcorns, crossed trebles, etc.), it's pretty easy. Hang in there! :cheer

Trying to make progress. I got the first row done. Re-counted...lost count...restarted...re-counted....Yep, cycle kept going. LOL. Grrr. I was watching Charmed instead of focusing.

I love the looks of this. But am finding red heart patterns really written weird! I am tempted to rewrite it. But I think I might start this and see how it goes.

Yes it is not written very well but it is followable (somewhat) ... they should have written out the pattern for 6 rows in my opinion but they didn't so we have to keep jumping from one pannel to another which is teadious to say the least and one little mistake and you are frogging back to that mistake lol ... I am on my 3rd repeat of the 6 row pattern and on my 2nd skein of yarn already lol

Woohoo! Did the first 2 pattern rows without having to frog! It does start to get easier to follow as you remember the pattern stitches.

:cheer I'm glad someone is getting the hang of this. :)

Well a HL trip and I finally have my yarn. I might cut and paste on the pattern and see if I can use it that way since it seems to be problematic they way they have it written..kinda dumb to write it that way IMHO

Well a HL trip and I finally have my yarn. I might cut and paste on the pattern and see if I can use it that way since it seems to be problematic they way they have it written..kinda dumb to write it that way IMHO

Totally agree and I may do the same. It's to confusing doing it the way they have it written. :(

Well I did it... cut and paste and cut and paste and re-arrange..ugh. Hope I have it all down right :lol I wrote out all 6 rows. I have it on a clip board with my postit note ready to go. I may have shorted myself some yarn though... Have to check how much is on a skein.

Well I did it... cut and paste and cut and paste and re-arrange..ugh. Hope I have it all down right :lol I wrote out all 6 rows. I have it on a clip board with my postit note ready to go. I may have shorted myself some yarn though... Have to check how much is on a skein.

Once you get through the first six rows and can see how the pattern works up, it gets a lot easier. Only the diamond panel is worked over six rows. The popcorn panel repeats every three rows. The zig zag in the zig zag panel is always worked on the right side. The front crossed trebles (FCTs) that flank the popcorn panels create a twist, so they are always worked the same whether you're working the right side or the wrong side.

After you get those down, just remember to kind of pay attention to your stitches, otherwise you'll end up doing a lot of frogging because of silly mistakes. Ask me how I know! :lol

Once you get through the first six rows and can see how the pattern works up, it gets a lot easier. Only the diamond panel is worked over six rows. The popcorn panel repeats every three rows. The zig zag in the zig zag panel is always worked on the right side. The front crossed trebles (FCTs) that flank the popcorn panels create a twist, so they are always worked the same whether you're working the right side or the wrong side.

After you get those down, just remember to kind of pay attention to your stitches, otherwise you'll end up doing a lot of frogging because of silly mistakes. As me how I know! :lol

Yes, this:manyheart And I almost had it, and had to frog row 5 back to 4 because at the end I did bct instead fct on the end. sigh. But it does get easier. Need to remember the chain 1 at the beginning and the ends, too.

I ripped out the first row and did it again. I still ended up with 2 extra sc...now what? I went over the row..sigh..I guess I can rip it and do it again. At least I'm faster now that I know the stitches. When I ripped out I double counted the sc and I have 203. Where is a likely spot to have messed up?

Ok does the ch 1 at the beginning of thr sc row count as a sc? I have beentrying mostly to do thisat night and eventhoug ive been using markers to count my scrow i obvioisly cant count t 12am in the morning lol. I may have someone else count it too. But it doesnt say if that ch1 is a atitch

Foundation row is 204 ch, 203 sc. I had had trouble counting the given stitches and also the pattern stitches and the repeats at the beginning and end. If you think this way, and remember to sk the sc on the foundation row, it will read as a pattern (I am leaving out turning ch and just counting itvas a dc):

4 dc, ch1, fct, ch 1, pc panel, ch 1, fct, ch 1, pc panel, ch 1, fct, ch 1, 2 dc, zz panel 4 times, diamond panel, zz panel 4 times, 2dc, ch 1, fct, ch 1, popcorn, ch 1, fct, ch 1, 2 dc, zz panel 4 times, diamond panel, zz panel 4 times, 2 dc, ch 1, fct, ch1, popcorn, ch 1, fct, ch 1, popcorn, ch 1, fct, 4 dc.

Whew. Did that help at all?

Archived