Heirloom Stitches Throw CAL

MrsForest

I have my 203 sc row...I even had someone else count it for me! I am not going to try the row tonight as I think it is to late. Jennifer I went one better and cut and pasted the entire thing out including the directions for each row of the panel so i don't have to go back and forth.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adding to what Jennifer wrote out, here's how many stitches [in brackets] you should have at the end of each stitch pattern. It may help if you periodically count and mark your stitches as you go. When I did my original chain of 204, I attatched a stitch marker every 20 stitches to help keep track.

4 dc [4], ch1 [5], fct [9], ch 1 [10], pc panel [17], ch 1 [18], fct [22], ch 1 [23], pc panel [30], ch 1 [31], fct [35], ch 1 [36], 2 dc [38], zz panel 4 times [54], diamond panel [74], zz panel 4 times [90], 2dc [92], ch 1 [93], fct [97], ch 1 [98], pc panel [105], ch 1 [106], fct [110], ch 1 [111], 2 dc [113], zz panel 4 times [129], diamond panel [149], zz panel 4 times [165], 2 dc [167], ch 1 [168], fct [172], ch1 [173], pc panel [180], ch 1 [181], fct [185], ch 1 [186], pc panel [193], ch 1 [194], fct [198], ch 1 [202], 4 dc [203].

I've got the first couple of rows done!! Once I finally got past the first row I've been doing much better :rofl. I did find, as someone else noted, one DOES need to be careful of directions and not assuming I know what it is :lol. I didn't realize the zigzags were done front/back. Looks better when I do it right :D

Pictures when I get my first full 6 rows done..

I've got the first couple of rows done!! Once I finally got past the first row I've been doing much better :rofl. I did find, as someone else noted, one DOES need to be careful of directions and not assuming I know what it is :lol. I didn't realize the zigzags were done front/back. Looks better when I do it right :D

Pictures when I get my first full 6 rows done..

Yea! It only gets easier from here! :clap

:cry I have been doing good...and I just realized (on row 5) that I haven't been doing the FCT not quite right..and it is going to make a difference (to the good) in how it will look..but that means.... :frog

:cry :cry :cry...i am determined to make this afghan because I LOVE it!

So another question..since I'm having to :frog

On the popcorns..when you are working the next row do you try and work in the very top of the popcorn or in that ch1 that is used to secure it? Might as well see what everyone is doing, or what is correct, since I have to frog back to row 1.....:(

:cry I have been doing good...and I just realized (on row 5) that I haven't been doing the FCT not quite right..and it is going to make a difference (to the good) in how it will look..but that means.... :frog

:cry :cry :cry...i am determined to make this afghan because I LOVE it!

So another question..since I'm having to :frog

On the popcorns..when you are working the next row do you try and work in the very top of the popcorn or in that ch1 that is used to secure it? Might as well see what everyone is doing, or what is correct, since I have to frog back to row 1.....:(

:hugI feel your pain. I think I redid those first 5-6 rows 4 or 5 times. :lol

As for the popcorns, after some experimentation and closely studying the Red Heart pattern picture and the project pictures available on Ravelry, I decided to do them in the top of the popcorn (5th dc); it looked better and also the ch 1 isn't supposed to count as a stitch.

WelL I get to start over...alllll the way over. When I bought my yarn I didn't remember how much and I got 5 skeins. My daughter went back to that store and founda few more of the dye lot. Still not enough. That store is 3 hour west of where I live. Today I went to a store east of me about 2 hours and found one skein of the same dye lot! Ok still not enough and we figured out it was probably a return. So I either have to order my yarn online or use a caron pounder which is probably what I'm going to do. I probably bought about 15 skeins. Will count up exact damages later :rabbit

WelL I get to start over...alllll the way over. When I bought my yarn I didn't remember how much and I got 5 skeins. My daughter went back to that store and founda few more of the dye lot. Still not enough. That store is 3 hour west of where I live. Today I went to a store east of me about 2 hours and found one skein of the same dye lot! Ok still not enough and we figured out it was probably a return. So I either have to order my yarn online or use a caron pounder which is probably what I'm going to do. I probably bought about 15 skeins. Will count up exact damages later :rabbit

:eek Oh no!

I am slowly working on this between all my other projects ... I am almost finished with my 4th pattern repeat and if I would pay more attention and not try to work on this when I am overly tired I wouldn't have to frog back for stupid mistakes but that is life lol When I am a bit further along I will take another pic and share

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to taking another progress pic. I haven't worked on it much since the Bernat Mystery Cal/Kal started. I haven't measured it yet, but I figure 3-5 more diamond repeats should do it. Haven't decided what I'm going to do for the border yet, but it'll probably include some post stitches... :think

post-33647-135897742013_thumb.jpg

I finally got around to taking another progress pic. I haven't worked on it much since the Bernat Mystery Cal/Kal started. I haven't measured it yet, but I figure 3-5 more diamond repeats should do it. Haven't decided what I'm going to do for the border yet, but it'll probably include some post stitches... :think

I really like how this has turned out! :)

• 1 month later...

I finally finished and took pictures of my Heirloom Stitches Throw. I improvised a different border: 2 rows of single crochet stitches, 1 row of double crochet mixed with a couple of diamond panel stitches, and 2 more rows of scs.

As you can see, it's Tia approved! :lol

post-33647-135897753841_thumb.jpg

post-33647-135897753845_thumb.jpg

post-33647-135897753848_thumb.jpg

post-33647-135897753851_thumb.jpg

mine got put on hold due to lack of finding yarn all the same dye lot. Your's turned out beautiful!

Thanks! I hear you,; finding the same dye lots is such a pain. It took me 3-4 trips to different stores to find enough yarn in the same dye lot for this one.

I might have a pattern done that I may try to turn into a scarf :lol But I may need the yarn to finished the other pattern I decided to do instead. Will see how that goes. I WILL try this pattern someday because as frustrated as I was with it I LOVE it!

Archived