Heirloom Stitches Throw CAL

MrsForest

It was suggested I start one. So here it is. :)

Here's the link to the Throw. http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/heirloom-stitches-throw

I was going to start this on the 12th of Jan but since I am done with all of my holiday projects I've decided to go ahead and do this throw. I know full well it will take me at least a year. LOL

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am interested...but was a bit confused looking at the pattern, but i THINK i have figured out what they are doing with the directions..but wow :D

Not going to use RH and wondering if this would look good in a different color at all....

I am interested...but was a bit confused looking at the pattern, but i THINK i have figured out what they are doing with the directions..but wow :D

Not going to use RH and wondering if this would look good in a different color at all....

I think it would look awesome pink. :) Oh and maybe pink and black. LOL

I would like to participate too, but I cannot start until after the new year. I have much to do to get ready for christmas and my grandma's birthday dec 30, I'm in denial that christmas is this close:faint:eek

Hmmmm....I printed off the pattern when you talked about it in another thread. I'm going to look over the pattern today and see how difficult it may be. I may be joining here so hopefully we can keep each other motivated!

That would be great! :)

I might join this one, too. The more I look at this one, the more I like it- minus the fringe, anyway. :catloves dangly yarn!:lol

Not sure what color or brand of yarn I'd pick yet, but I'm seeing it in a sage-like green or a dark orchard purple... Looks like there will be some yarn shopping in the future.

If I do join, I probably won't start until January. Really need to finish a couple of projects before I start a new one!

I'll say it's written strangely! :eek I just spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out what the heck they were talking about and then realized they tell you when to work which panel and how many times to do it.

Not sure what color I will do it in....I have so much stash that I would really like to use that but I think it needs to be in a solid color and not a varigated, don't you all agree? And like others, I won't be able to start until January. I'm finishing up an afghan right now. Sooooo...count me in too!!!!

Count me in also - but not until Jan. Right now I'm furiously trying to finish up 2 afghans for christmas presents, then my Dad wants an earflap hat (thankfully not for christmas) so things should calm down in Jan. And even better, I already have the perfect yarn!!

I'll say it's written strangely! :eek I just spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out what the heck they were talking about and then realized they tell you when to work which panel and how many times to do it.

Not sure what color I will do it in....I have so much stash that I would really like to use that but I think it needs to be in a solid color and not a varigated, don't you all agree? And like others, I won't be able to start until January. I'm finishing up an afghan right now. Sooooo...count me in too!!!!

I agree on the stash thing..but it takes a LOT of yarn. About 4400 yards. Have to agree with whoever said maybe minus fringe. But, then there would still have to be some kind of finish on it and wouldn't take probably take almost as much as if doing a fringe?

I'm considering using one of the "flecked" yarns..what you all think? I agree Deb that a variegated would not work, but thinking a flecked yarn might??

I agree on the stash thing..but it takes a LOT of yarn. About 4400 yards. Have to agree with whoever said maybe minus fringe. But, then there would still have to be some kind of finish on it and wouldn't take probably take almost as much as if doing a fringe?

I'm considering using one of the "flecked" yarns..what you all think? I agree Deb that a variegated would not work, but thinking a flecked yarn might??

I think flecked would work fine as long as it's fairly subtle. You don't want anything too wild that would detract from all the stitchwork.

Ok....I started this afghan twice and I'm sorry but I just don't like it. After doing the first 2 rows first and then starting over and doing the first 4 rows I just don't really care for the look of it. So I've ripped it out and I'm doing a totally different pattern. Sorry guys...I'll be back to see how everyone is doing tho but I'm not going to make it. :(

I finished the aghan I was working on and started on this one early last night/this morning. I'm also going to be doing the 2012 Bernat Mystery CAL, so I want to get as much of this done as I can before that one starts.

Nothing fancy, but here's what the first couple of rows looks like.

post-33647-135897724586_thumb.jpg

Archived