Elmer Crochet?

knitterlauri

Question

When I first learned to crochet in the mid 90's, I got an old book from the local library which was written by a man who invented some interesting new ways to crochet. The library no longer has the book, but I seem to recall his name was Elmer? He called his techniques "Elmer Crochet" or something like that? I believe there is even a bit on the internet about him - but I can't find anything now.

Is this ringing any bells with any other old crocheters who might know?

Thanks in advance! :cheer

8 answers to this question

His name was William Elmore. Annie's Attic published two leaflets: The Elmore Method and More Elmore. Both are out of print but a shop in Tennessee has overstock of the second book available for just $9.99.

You can sometimes find the first book available from resellers at amazon or on eBay, but it can go for very high prices. I was lucky enough to get a copy in great condition for less than $30 recently. Donna somehow had two copies of the second book, so she sent me the duplicate.

There are actually two copies of The Elmore Method available on eBay right now. One is listed at $50, but the other is a Buy It Now for only $21.95 plus $4 shipping.

Archived