Angel Wings Shawl

skatters

I wanted to share the shawl I just completed for my mom. It is CroJulee's free pattern, I found here. Actually, I first found it on ravelry and that led back to here. I found the pattern super easy to follow, though I had to read row 1's instructions closely, because it didn't specifiy that the first 4 dc and ch1 went into the loop. It was obvious as there was no where else to put them, but I have little pattern reading experience.

As I said above, I have little pattern reading experience. But I found this one super easy to follow. And by the time I got to row 5, I caught on to the pattern of stitches, making the other rows pretty mindless. I completed this shawl while catching up on some TV shows. I always say that I have A.D.D. when it comes to crocheting, but this went fast. It was nice to crochet into the ch1 spaces, rather than the previous dc stitches - making it faster yet!

I followed the pattern to a T, including the edging. I used an H hook with 2.5 skeins of Caron Simply Soft, in a dark emerald green color. I made this for my mom for Christmas, and will be making another one for my daughter! It is a FABULOUS pattern, for a FABULOUS shawl! Thanks Julee!

post-53214-135897708883_thumb.jpg

post-53214-135897708887_thumb.jpg

post-53214-13589770889_thumb.jpg

Archived